Chapter 6

Almost done! My wolf giggled. Now, he just needs to claim you. 

Damen leaned over me and touched his lips to my collarbone. "You sure?" He asked.

I nodded eagerly.

He proceeded cautiously pressing his teeth into my skin, slowly adding more pressure. Eventually, he bit down all of the way, sinking his teeth down into my tissue, leaving a permanant mark. He released and backed up. "This is all so strange, but it's my wolf's instinct. Why? I mean, I'm a Hunter but a wolf. I still have the strength and abilities of a Hunter, plus the ability to shift." He laughed softly. "And I have a mate."

I sat up and wrapped my arms around the back of his neck, pulling him to me. "I know," I whispered, hungrily pushing my lips into his. "And I wouldn't want anybody different," I said as I pulled away from him.

"It's near dark. We should prepare to leave soon," He stated, plainly. "And we need to find some clothes because let's face it! Walking around like this-" He motioned to our bodies, "-is going to draw some serious attention to us. And we don't want that."

I laughed as we both jumped up to our feet. He grasped my hand as if I was going somewhere. He was still very wary. "I'm not leaving you," I said, reassuringly. "I would have rejected you long ago if I was going to leave. I wouldn't be here now- with you."

He started to walk northeast and he gently pulled me along. "I saw a house up on the other side of that hill when I went off course to see what your scent was. It's kind of cold here so I think that they will just hand us the clothes. The owners seem pretty wealthy." He explained. "Come on! Let's hurry! We need to start moving along soon."

A chilly breeze blew, causing me to shiver a little. "Okay. It is getting colder and winter is coming so, yeah." I rambled on, "I really hope that these people are nice and don't call the police or something because that would be really bad -" Damen cut me off by kissing me.

He laughed at me. "Come on!"

We slowly walked up the trail to the house. My stomach clenched nervously as Damen knocked on the door. "Act really sad and tired," He whipered. 

The door openned slowly, revealing a young girl. She must've been only five. "Uh-what?" She asked.

I bent down to her. "Is your mommy or daddy home?"

"No. They're at work. I'm alone," She said.

I looked over at Damen, unsure of what to do.

He took over. "Can we come in for a minute, sweetie? We are very poor and need some clothes. And next time, don't open the door. You are very luck that we are nice people," He said sweetly.

She pushed her hair out of her face and pursed her lips, as if in deep thought. "Okay, but hurry! Mommy gonna be home soon."

"We will only be a minute or two. Keep a look out, okay?" Damen said.

She openned the door a little wider to let us in. You could tell that they were wealthy just by the amount of decorations that littered the entrance of the house. We quickly located the master bedroom and went through their drawers. Damen put on a pair of pants and a comfy t-shirt. He threw on a winter coat and snatched an extra pair of long Levi's and another shirt.

I put on a long-sleeved black shirt and a pair of jeans, being sure to put on a bra as well. I searched through the closet and found a faux-fur coat to wear when it gets colder outside. I hung another shirt and pair of pants over my shoulder. "Done!" I told Damen, "Lets go before her parents get home."

On cue, a car pulled up to the driveway. "Go out the back!" The little girl yelled. "Hurry!"

I instinctively grabbed the handbag that was hanging on the door handle and put our extra clothes in it. We ran out of the back door and down the hill, towards the woods. Adrenaline coarse through our bodies. Shifting would have been more convenient, but we didnt shift because we just got clothe to wear.