Chapter Eight

So, for the people who have been asking, the names of the characters in the story are not real, the  fictional names just resemble their real names.

********

Bullies, aren't they the people who just get pleasure seeing others fall apart? They love to intimidate you, cause you distress emotionally or physically. They are sadist who love to torment , humiliate  and make you cry. They want to crush you under their feet, manipulate you and get inside your head. They  can make you feel vulnerable, intimidated, worthless, ugly and useless. But sometimes these things go out of hand.

********

There were the usual murmurs and laughs, nothing new but this time they were louder and clearer.  I stepped inside my school bus which was more like a mini van. The louds chirps and giggles started fading away. There were stifled murmurs, secret glances and passing on of smiles which I was accustomed to. But this time it seemed somewhat unusual.....fishy.

" Amelia, could you shift a bit. There are five people sitting on four seats." Megan asked sweetly.

Meghan was rowdy and what you call a  badass. She was a tomboy which didn't stop her from becoming one of the members of the popular group. She had rough brown hair reaching down  to her shoulders which were neatly tied and clipped. Flawless brown skin and a perfect athletic body. She was always rude but this time the sweetness made me somehow shiver in fear.

" Then where do I sit? There is no space." I asked softly.

" Lean on to the door. It'll buy us some space." she replied in agitation.

I  sighed and slightly leaned towards the door but the door jerked open. The wind hit my face hard  which caught me off guard. I could feel myself falling down but I roamed my hands aimlessly, trying to hold on to something and eventually I did. The van came to a halt. And I sat up straighter.

There were lots of oh's , ah's and laughs which I didn't seem to comprehend. I didn't know what did I feel at that time.

Was that a prank?
Did they actually want me to die?
Is this reality or a dream?
Did they even care?

********

Goodmorning Ma'am, I am Amelia. I am here...no....no....no.  I just kept saying this over and over. I was a nervous wreck as it was my first time talking about an issue like this.

" Come in, Amelia" shouted my principal from the other side of the room.

I entered inside the Principal's office and my  teary, glassy eyes met the Justin's hazel brown eyes which were darker and full of fury.  He had few bruises on his face and his knuckles were bleeding. He was sitting, taking to the principal and clenching his jaw now and then.

I roamed my eyes to find out my bullies, standing in a queue facing me. They had bloody faces, bruised lips and some broken noses, the girls sobbing and hiccuping. I gasped at the sight in front me.

" Yes, Amelia ?" encouraged the principal to speak up.

Breath hitched my throat. I couldn't speak.

" I-I.....I  w-wanted  to know I could change my bus timings" I stuttered.

" Oh, Amelia. You know the protocols. I cannot do anything." she said and gave a low chuckle.

" And you. Don't ever do this again" she glared at Justin. I wanted to shout at her and tell her everything. But more importantly, I wanted to talk to Justin. Everyone went back to their classes except me and Justin.

" Before, you say anything. I am sorry but I know what happened today. I was upset and I-I......I know this got so far but I really...... really care about you." he rambled and caressed my cheek lightly.

My heart  fluttered. Last thing I could do was to be upset. And he cared about me. No one  ever did this for me, no one once ever stood up for me.

I was mentally dancing, laughing with joy. No one  has ever cared about me. Yes, some people told me they did and some tell that to me now too but I know it is fake, all fake.  I didn't know what to do. I wanted to smile hard,cry hard  at the same time and the last thing shout at him for hurting himself.

But instead I pulled him into a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck and burried my face in his chest. He was caught off guard but soon he encircled my waist and held me tightly. I cried, bawled my eyes out and he swayed me back and forth trying to calm me down.

" You have something with white button up shirts, don't you?" He laughed, trying to lighten up the mood. I pulled away to see his tear stained shirt. Last time I turned his  white shirt into brown at Starbucks.

"Maybe" I gave him a small smile.

" Thankyou Justin, for everything" I wispered softly in his ear to which he gave me a heartwarming smile.

********

Another chapter is up. That was one of the worst memories. Anyways... Have guys seen Atypical or YOU?

Don't forget to vote comment and share ♥️♥️