chapter four

Life. Life is a series of embarrassing moments that can leave you in a state of confusion and shame. The moments which leave you red faced, and wishing the earth could swallow you whole. 
B

ut these moments are bound to happen. It's life.

********

" Welcome to Starbucks, Ma'am." The doorman greeted when I entered my favourite coffee shop. I nodded at him and mumbled a small thankyou as I walked through the doors. 

There were three long queues of people waiting for the coffee. I didn't want to wait too long but I was craving for a cup so I decided to join the middle queue. My legs ached as if I was stood there for hours when it had actually only been a few minutes.  I felt someone's presence right behind me and turned around to face whoever was standing so close to me.

I saw one of the most good looking boys I'd ever seen in my life. He wore a long sleeved, white button up shirt; and dark grey jeans with white sneakers. His blond hair was perfectly tousled. He had one of those handsome faces with a sharp jawline but still a cute boyish face.

His head was down with a little frown on his forehead as he typed furiously on his phone but I could still see his bright, hazel brown eyes. They were like two rich, golden pools of honey.

Too busy checking him out, I didn't realise that he had stopped typing and was staring at me with an amused grin. I tore my eyes away from him, and bowed my head. I cursed myself as the blood rushed to my cheeks and they turned pink. The frown he wore on his annoyingly perfect face turned into the wide grin, showing his pearly white teeth. 

I smiled awkardly at him and turned around, cursing my myself for getting caught. He shrugged and started tapping on his keyboard. After the long wait, my turn finally came. I ordered an iced latte and a belgium choco-chip cupcake.

*******

I took my items from the counter and turned around, ready to get out of the stiflingly hot coffee shop, and out into the cool breeze.  As I walked towards the door, away from the overpowering smell of coffee beans, someone bumped right into me. My coffee fell to the ground, the overpriced cupcake was smeared across the boys crisp white button up.
 I hesitantly looked up, not daring to meet the boy's eyes.

Stupid me! Why do I have to be so clumsy?

I wrenched my eyes away from the latte pooling around my feet and stared up at the same hazel eyes, I got lost in a few torturous minutes ago. I opened my mouth to stutter a quick apology but it snapped closed, due to his intimidated stare.

" I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to spill this on you. I didn't know someone was  behind me. I could clean this up or buy you a new shirt. I'm so sorry! I'm really clumsy!!" I stammered, making an even bigger fool of myself.

Oh my god! He must think I'm a complete idiot. Way to go, Amelia. The snide voice in my head muttered.

His intense stare was replaced by a hearty chuckle. "It's cool. My bad. You don't have to buy me anything." He said and extened his hand. I stared at it, unsure whether to take it or not. "Well, fancy seeing you again. I'm Justin, Justin Bieber" 

I opened my mouth and closed it again. Trying hard not to embarrass myself further, I grasped his hand and shook it rather confidently. "I'm Amelia .... Amelia Johnson."

*

"...So he puked all over my car." Justin chuckled, remembering his trip with his friends with a fond expression as he told me about t.

I didn't know how we ended up here, talking about the most random things ina booth at the back Starbucks of all places. I felt so carefree, happy and even comfortable in his presence. It was strange. I enjoyed listening to the stories he told me. I loved the way his face lit up when he spoke about things he was passionate about. The way he laughed at his own silly jokes made me laugh too. I had no idea how long we were sitting there for but neither of us were keeping track of time. I didn't want this to end.
But every good thing comes to an end. It's life. Sometimes, I don't understand what the point of having a good day is? They never last. It's merely twenty four hours of pure bliss, then what?

Before you know it, those twenty four hours have passed, and reality hits you like a ton of bricks.

*****

Sooooo Justin is here.

I hope you guys like it. Please vote and comment.