♧ Chapter 12: Endless Cycle ♧

Start from the beginning

"I finally figured out from where I know Naruto. I worked on two of his cases. I don't know if you are aware but Naruto-"
"Yeah I know about his past..." I cut Itachi off.
"Something that I didn't realize by the time that I worked on his cases was that his actual parents were our parents best friends. Our families used to be very close. And I met his parents. They were really great people. Our parents were devastated when they heard about their death. Apparently they even were planning to adopt Naruto, but then they were killed."

I couldn't quite process all the information that was thrown at me. Itachi is basically telling me that Naruto and I could have met a long time ago. That Naruto's miserable life could have been avoided. That both our pain could have been not existent. I don't know for how long I have been staring at nothing until Itachi started shaking me gently.

"Are you okay, otouto?''

"Yeah...we have to tell Naruto about it."

"Of course. I was thinking that since you two are closer you could tell him the story and if he has any questions or wants to see some pictures he can tell me."

"Okay. I'll let him know when he wakes up"

...

Naruto POV:

I opened my eyes only to be greeted by darkness. I was alone. Was it all just a dream?Just when I started panicking a little the door opened, letting a strong light in. I covered my eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry Naruto. Did I wake you up?''

"So it wasn't a dream, that's a relief."

"What?"

" Nothing, teme. I just woke up alone in your room and I thought that I am alone again."

" Naruto...There something that I have to tell you. I don't know how it's going to affect you, but I hope that it won't cause you more pain." Sasuke explained with a weak voice. He turned on the lights and took a seat on the bed next to me.

"What is it about?" I asked concerned.

" Your parents and mine, as well''

"What?"

I don't want to bore you with the same story so let's skip to the part where Sasuke finished retelling what Itachi told him.

Sasuke POV:

" Itachi also said that he can show you some pictures if you want to."

When I finished talking I didn't know what to expect from Naruto. He didn't yell, he didn't cry...he had no reaction. He was just staring at me in disbelief.

" Are you ok-"

" Can we ask Itachi to show us the pictures now?"

"Sure."

....

Itachi pulled out a box with a few pictures that I had never seen before. He handed us the photos.