"I was kidnapped because of your business?" You scoffed not believing him

"I was supposed to go on a family outing that day but i couldn't make it due to the meeting. My wife and my son went on their own, accompanied by her secretary Mr. Jung and the driver Mr. Wang. They got a flat tire and had to wait. Jungkook got out of the car and wandered around the place. Somehow he came to find the cottage at which you were kept and entered inside. Mr. Lee, the man who kidnapped you was also there. My wife and her secretary also went in in search of jungkook. What happened inside is still unknown but he killed her, he killed them both, my wife and Mr. Jung. Jungkook saved you and took you to the police. You were very weak and barely awake so you didn't remember much of what happened. Jungkook on the otherhand was traumatized. He went insane till the point he started hallucinating about seeing his mom. His behaviour changed, he started self-harm. For a little kid, self-harm is unbelievable but that's what he did. He jumped off the staircase because he said he saw 'mom standing downstairs'. He cut his fingers saying his mom was teaching him to cook. He started screaming in the middle of the night because he dreamt of stabbing his mom. One day he jumped in front of a car saying he was crossing the road with her and ended up in the hospital. That was his first car accident ever and i hoped it to be the last. I was ready to get mental help for him once he was out of hospital but something rediculous happened. He couldn't remember anything correctly once he woke up. He could remember fragments of saving you but nothing else. His little brain had sealed off those real painful memories and I thanked god for it. Meeting you was considered a risk, I was afraid he may regain his memories and what I feared has now come to pass. This car accident had helped him regain his once lost memories. He asked me to help him in keeping you way. He didn't want to face you. He was afraid you'll hate him."

"Stupid..." you muttered

"But seeing his love for you reminds me of how i used to love my wife. I can't see him in pain and right now he's in pain because of you."

"Why would i hate him?" You asked

"Because of what happened after. Mr. Lee, the kidnapper." He took in a deep breath before continuing, "He's dead. Was killed. Jungkook killed him."

"No." You said with wide eyes denying the fact that the boy was capable of murder.

"It's true. I may be the one who tortured the guy but it was Jungkook who killed him. Infact, he was mentally unstable at that time and he didn't know what he was doing. He stole a gun from one of the bodyguards and killed him. This is a secret only I know and now so do you. Eventhough the whole incident was hidden nicely I knew that someday it would be revealed, that somebody's tongue may slip so for the couple few others who know about this, they think I killed him."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Jungkook is special to me. He's my reason to live and you're someone who is special to him. It's only fair if you know his past. He's broken from inside and needs someone to take care of him and to mend him. I know it's too much to ask but.............
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.Can you be that someone to him?"

You sat there quite, not knowing what to say, not knowing what to do. This was alot of information. No matter how unbelievable, it made it all fit together, it made the pieces of the puzzle fit together. It all made sense, why your father never talked about that incident? Because he knew the truth and didn't want you to blame yourself for it, why the police never investigated further? Because Mr. Jeon stopped  them, why you remembered a gunshot? Because Mrs. Jeon was shot and killed on the spot, why you ran away from home in the first place? Because your father was too busy with that project, why jungkook was acting rude all of the sudden? Because he killed someone.