fifteen

Newt, Tina, Jacob, Neeki, and Queenie stood underneath the SQUIRE'S sign on the rooftop in the middle of the night

Newt, Tina, Jacob, Neeki, and Queenie stood underneath the SQUIRE'S sign on the rooftop in the middle of the night. Things were finally being unraveled. From the edge, they had a clear view of the chaos going on below. Sirens were blaring loudly throughout the city.

"Jeez, is that the Obscuria-thing?" Jacob asked.

Newt was staring, contemplating and registering the scale of the destruction. "That's more powerful than any Obscurial I have ever heard of."

The city beneath them was burning. Newt turned around and grabbed Neeki's cheeks. He avoided eye contact with her, but occasionally flicked his eyes to look at her in the eyes.

"Go back into the case. It is much too dangerous. Do you understand, Neeki?"

She frowned. "No. I won't."

"Please, do not argue with me. I only want to ensure your safety."

She smacked his hands away and shook her head. "Go with you."

"Neeki - "

"Something tells me you won't win this argument," Queenie said.

Newt sighed as he turned around and thrust his case into Tina's hands, then took a journal from his pocket.

"If we don't come back, look after my creatures. Everything that you need to know is in there," Newt said, pointing to his case.

"What?" she questioned, in shock.

Newt looked back to the Obscurus. "They're not killing it." Then, he grabbed Neeki's hand.

He dragged her to the ledge of the building and jumped off, then Disapparated.

Times Square was in total chaos. Buildings were on fire, people were screaming and running in all directions, and cars were destroyed. Graves prowled through the square, oblivious to the distress around him. He was only focused on one thing. The Obscurus was at the end of the square. It was
angrier than before. Credence's face was just discernible within the mass. Graves stood before it in triumphant. Newt and Neeki Apparated from farther down the street and watched silently.

"To survive so long with this inside you, is a miracle. You are a miracle. Come with me. Think of what we could achieve together!" Graves shouted.

The Obscurus moved closer to Graves. The Obscurus screamed, having the broken memories of Graves killing his real mother. Its dark energy burst out, knocking Graves to the ground. The force sent
a shock wave around the square. Newt and Neeki dove behind a fallen car for protection.

Tina Apparated into the square. "Save him!" she shouted at Newt and Neeki as he Disapparated.