four

Newt, Neeki, and Jacob Apparated onto a side street next to the bank to avoid being shot down by No-Majs

Newt, Neeki, and Jacob Apparated onto a side street next to the bank to avoid being shot down by No-Majs. Security alarms rang out from the bank. At the end of the side street, crowds were gathering as the police arrived. Tina ran out of the bank and looked down the street. She saw Newt wrestling the Niffler back into the case, and Jacob cowering by a wall as Neeki sniffed him.

"For the last time, you pilfering pest - paws off what doesn't belong to you!" Newt shouted at the Niffler. Newt shut his case, then looked around at Jacob. "I'm awfully sorry about all that - "

"What the hell was that?" Jacob asked.

Neeki shuffled away from him and went back to Newt's side.

"Nothing that need concern you. Now, unfortunately, you have seen far too much, so if you wouldn't mind - if you just stand there - this will be over in a jiffy," Newt said.

Newt, trying to find his wand, turned his back on Jacob. Jacob took the opportunity and grabbed his case, swinging it at Newt, who was knocked to the ground.

"Sorry," he apologized, then ran for his life.

Neeki growled and her features started to morph into that of a feline.

Newt held his head for a moment and looked after Jacob, who ran down the alleyway and into the crowd.

"Bugger!" Newt cursed. "Don't do anything rash, Neeki."

She obeyed him and willed herself to stop morphing. Tina walked down the side street as Newt picked up the case walked toward her, trying to pass her as if nothing happened. As he passed her, Tina grabbed Newt's elbow and Disapparated to a narrow alleyway opposite the bank.

"Who are you?" Tina asked, out of breath.

"I'm sorry?" Newt asked back.

"Who are you?" she repeated.

"Newt Scamander. And you are?"

"Who is she?" Tina asked, looking at Neeki and ignoring his question.

"Neeki," she answered, pushing Newt behind her.

"What's that thing in your case?" Tina asked.

"That's my Niffler," Newt responded, ignoring her attitude. He pointed to the mustard stain on her lip. "You've got - "

Neeki smacked his hand away. She didn't like him getting close to Tina.

"Why in the name of Deliverance Dane did you let that thing loose?" Tina asked.

"I didn't mean to. He's incorrigible, you see, anything shiny, he's all over the place - "

"You didn't mean to?"

"No," Newt answered.

"You could not have chosen a worse time to let that creature loose! We're in the middle of a situation here! I'm taking you two in," Tina decided.

"You're - You're taking us where?" Newt asked.

"Magical Congress of the United States of America," Tina said as she fished out her office ID card. Her photo was moving and there was the American eagle on it.

A group of the highest-level Aurors in the organization were gathered together in a serious discussion in the major investigation department. Among them was Percival Graves, examining the newspaper of The New York Ghost with the headline MAGICAL DISTURBANCES RISK WIZARDING EXPOSURE. Graves's face was cut and bruised from last night's encounter with the strange entity, and President Seraphina Picquery herself.

"The International Confederation is threatening to send a delegation. They think this is related to Grindelwald's attacks to Europe," Madam Picquery argued.

Graves sighed. "I was there. This is a beast. No human could do what this thing is capable of, Madam President."

"Whatever it is, one thing's clear; it must be stopped. It's terrorizing No-Majs and when No-Majs are frightened, they attack. It could be war," Madam Picquery responded.

Upon hearing footsteps, they ceased all conversation regarding the topic. They caught sight of Tina with Newt and Neeki trailing behind her.

Madam Picquery let out an angry breath. "I made your position quite clear, Miss Goldstein."

Tina swallowed. "Yes, Madam President, but I - "

"You are no longer an Auror."

"No, Madam President, but - "

"Goldstein."

"There's been a minor incident - "

"Well, this office is currently concerned with very major incidents. Get out," Madam Picquery commanded.

Tina looked away in humiliation. "Yes, ma'am."

Tina pushed Newt and Neeki away back to the elevator. Graves looked after them, seemingly sympathetic and sorry.