Chapter 24

Chapter 24

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"But she needs to finish her education we can't just keep moving her around!" I hear my mom arguing with my dad.

"Well I just don't have a choice now do I!?" I hear my dad yell back.

"Isn't there something you could do to prevent you from moving after only a year?"

"You don't think I have tried?!? They have been trying to get me moved for the past three months but I've put them off! But now? Now there is nothing we can do. I have managed to piss someone off that's pretty high up. They said that if I'm not in the Kentucky office in three weeks, they'll fire me! So no, there is nothing I can do about it!"

"Three months!! And you didn't even bother to tell me? This is something a normal person would tell his wife, ya know? But not you! You're Mr 'i can do everything by myself and don't need anyone else'!" My mom snapped back.

"Fine then I'll go."

"Good. Its not like your were ever around anyway!" My mom yells.

I slowly walk into the kitchen after I hear my dad go up the stairs.

"Hi" I say it in more like a question than a statement.

"Oh hey sweetie." She says in mock sweetness. "Turns out that you and I  are going to stay here while your jerk of a father flies to London."

"Okay?"

"He needs too realize that he needs needs other people than just himself to know things that are important. And until he does, we are staying here and he will be half way around the world."

"Uh-kay" Is all I said before turning around a heading upstairs feeling very conflicted. Like I should be really happy because I'm staying, but my parents are splitting up.

I go ahead and text Luke that my parents had a huge fight and that I'll be staying in Sydney with my mom and my dad will be in London. He doesn't reply immediately but that's ok, I expect he is doing a show right now.

---

Last week of school. Its not even really a week its like three days. Thank god I'm getting out of this prison.

"Hey babe." Rachel says as she comes up to me. "Ya ready to be done with this place?"

"Absolutely. There is hardly anything else I want more."

"I feel ya, three months of nothing. It sounds so amazing. Almost unreal"

I crack a smile, and the bell rings. Class is starting. I'd say enjoy it while it lasts, but there really is nothing enjoyable about sitting through lectures all day.

---

This day was going fine. But that's what was wrong. Everything was fine. No one seemed to want to kill me. And that only scared me more.

Are they planning for something bigger?

Like nothing happened today. No one pushed me, no one insulted me, no one seemed to care about me. They went on with their own business. Even Kendra and Max when I crossed them several times in the hall.

They didn't look at me, they didn't point at me. Its like I no longer existed.

Apart from this morning I didn't see Rachel. On any other day I wouldn't have thought anything of it. But something, no everything was off today.

Maybe its just all in my head.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Heyyyy

I really really really really really didnt want school to start. But it still did.

I wanted to make this chapter longer but I couldn't really think of anything!!!

Oh and I realized that I don't proofread my chapters very well and im sorry...

oh and 3k read btw thank you guys so much!!! ♥

:{0

^he's back

xx

Noelle