Chapter 23

Chapter 23

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I felt all the blood drain from my face. I excused myself, no longer feeling hungry. I walked up to my room and sat on my bed.

I wanted to cry, but I was to upset too. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't find a voice too. I wanted to punch something, but I didn't move. I wanted to curl up into a ball, but I just sat there. I wanted to run until my legs gave out, but I still only sat there.

The only thing that seemed to be working was my brain, and it was running. Fast.

Why?

Why did we have to move? We got here just under a year ago. I was just starting to rebuild my life make new friends, and now we are moving back.

I didn't want to move here, and now I am dreading going back more than anything.

Wait.

If we leave I wont be able to say goodbye to four of my best friends.

I won't ever see Luke again.

That's when I lose it, and start breaking down and crying. Wishing this never happened. Wishing we had just stayed in America, it would have been better.

I quickly get up and run out of the house and into the woods behind my house.

I run and run until I get to the base of a huge oak, climbing into the abnormally large tree house.

I go the the couch and inhale Luke's scent. Call me weird but I love what Luke smells like. I might as well call him, he's gonna find out eventually.

I dial his number, and with shaking hands, hold the phone to my ear.

"Hey this is Luke's phone" a chirpy Aussie voice says.

"A-ash?" I shakily say, "i-is Luke th-there?" I manage through my closed throat.

"Nikki, babe, what's wrong?" He hurriedly asks, "what happened? Are you hurt?" I hear the concern in his voice and kinda comforts me.

"M-my dad got transf-fered," I take a breath, "back to the, the US."

Ashton hasn't said anything yet, but I can almost feel the tears running down his cheeks. But then I hear a lot of background noise then Luke says

"Why did you make Ash cry?!"

"U-uh I didn't mean too its just-" I cut myself off short.

"Just what? Nikki, what's wrong? If Max hurt you I will blow him into next week."

I feel so protected. But that only makes me cry harder because I'm leaving.

"Nikki, please say something, I can't stand just sitting here and listening to you break down."

"M-my dad. He got transfered." I swallowed hard, "back to the US. And I'll probably leave before you get back."

"No no no. You can't. You-I need you. Don't leave. Please." He begs, the despair evident even over the line.

"Hey, I can't do anything. But I'll try. So so hard. Because, I need you too. And I need to not leave." This only causes more tears to dream down my cheeks. "I'm gonna eat the food you have in your treehouse."

"Hey-! Yeah, have whatever you want. Wait, you're in my treehouse?"

"uh, yeah." I blushed, "this is kinda where I went after my parents told me." I laughed a little.

"Oh, you want me to come back early?" He suggests.

"No no, I can't let you do that."

"But what if I want too?"

"Luke they need you. You can't just leave."

"But what if we all just leave, and One Direction gets a new opening act?"

"Luuke" I groan

"Nikkii" He imitates me

"You stay. The end."

"Noooo."

"Shall I make the boys keep you there." I say, there is a few seconds of silence.

"They want to come back too."

"No."

I hear a chorus of groans and 'but I want too's.

"Guys I'm gonna go and see what I can do about staying. Love you all, bye."

They mutter their goodbyes and I hang up.

Its time to go back, wish me luck.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I feel like its been forever since I've updated, but its only been like, a week.

so school started, no. just no. I cannot explain how much I don't want to do my homework. why did summer have to end? It went by in like 5 seconds. (omg, that was so original)

I need a 6 month vacation, twice a year.

Anywhoooooooo

I hit 2k and over, and I'm really happy!!!!

:{D

^mustace man

Luv u guiseee

xx

Noelle