Chapter 75

Chapter 75

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's late at night and very dark by the time I arrive, the eerie moonlight makes everything around me glow silver.

Someone has to be up. My entire family were a bunch of nightowls. I ring the doorbell, and listen carefully. There is a soft rustling inside before the door is cracked open a few inches.

"What are you doing here? We agreed two!" The silvery light reflects off of Kendra's makeup caked face. I sigh.

"Kendra, is dad here?" I see her physically repulse from me when she recognizes my voice.

"They went to bed about an hour ago. Oh and I have the guest room so I guess you can sleep on the couch."

"Thanks for being such a gracious hostess of my house," I grumble and she rolled her eyes dramatically. Or, at least, that's what I imagined her doing since her face was thankfully back in the dark, hidden from view. I go to our family room, which is a few rooms back from the front door, and just collapse on the overstuffed couch, falling asleep before I could even process what happened.

---

"Nicola? What are you doing here , are you okay?" I had just woken up when my dad had come in the room. He was a bit startled but now looked more concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine. We just arrived in Nashville so I drove here to see you as soon as I could."

"Okay, if you say so." He looked at me, still a little confusion and added wariness in his eyes. "We have breakfast in the kitchen, if you want some."

"That would be great, I'm starving." I get up and follow him towards the wonderful smells of food being fried. We enter the bright kitchen with white granite and plum covered walls, and my eyes land on the gold pancakes that are being stacked on a plate, still steaming. Maybe this Debbie isn't so bad after all.

My growling stomach meets food and not to long after Kendra appears in all her spoiled glory. Or whatever you want to call her, with that blonde mess atop her shoulders which were wrapped in a pink silk robe. She looked over to me and her face turned up in disgust as she saw my mouth absolutely stuffed with chocolate chip pancakes.

"Would you like any sweetie?" Debbie asks Kendra, which averts her glare from me.

"No thanks mom, I'm starting to watch my calories." She emphasizes the last word and pulls a green-brown juice out of the fridge. I roll my eyes and continue to savor the fluffy goodness that is melting in my mouth.

"So, Nicola, what brings you here, not that I'm not happy to see you but.." my dad starts a conversation, interrupting the awkward silence that had previously been over us.

"Well, the tour was coming right around here and I thought I would stop by to see the best dad I know."

"I really do miss you." He whispers as he had engulfed me in a bear hug. I almost am able to feel like a little girl again, and I sit welcoming the nostalgic thoughts as they wash over me.

And then I hear a camera shutter.

Jerking my head up, after being ripped from my once happy past, I see Debbie smiling down at her phone.

"Aw." She says, holding the screen up to us, displaying my dad and I. The picture only catching a mere glimpse of the relationship between us.

My dad led us back into the living room, after sensing my slight anger towards his fiancé.

"How have you and Luke been?"

"Good, we have hit rough spots, which is only inevitable, but right now, we're really great. The tour has no doubt been stressful on everybody but we're learning new ways to work out the kinks and move right along. We learn something new about each other every day, which I'm sure will never end, but those little things give me little new reasons to," I paused and swallowed hard, "to love him all the more. "I looked at my dad only to find him smiling back at me.

"If you really do love him sweetheart, then that's enough for me. Of course though, if he ever hurts you, I am going to have to kill him," A grin crossed his face. "He is a good man and I trust him with you, and I do belive you picked well. I love you Nicola." I can feel the sheer joy overtake me and his words, I get up and hug him harder than I have in a long time. He has never talked about Luke like that, and I just couldn't be happier.

"Thank you daddy." I smile brighter than I probably should've, but that's what happens when you're in love.

---

"I'll see you soon, okay? I will visit again after the tour is over!" I shout from the rental. I am already heading back to Nashville, I missed the boys' show but I still have to make is back in time for when the bus again departs for Texas.

"There you are! We had no idea where you were!"

"What? I had my phone, its right here," I hit the home button and the screen doesn't illuminate like usual, " and dead."

"Well we're leaving in a couple hours, I packed most of your stuff, but you might want to double check that I have everything." Rachel leads me up to my hotel room and I clean up the rest of my stuff and waste time as we wait for the bus to leave. I don't know why we're leaving so late, but nothing really is normal when you're on the road, especially with these four boys.

I'm already tired enough, so I just get into my bunk and fall asleep, hoping that we'll be off and to Houston before I know it.

----

I wake to the bus rumbling through pot holes and light streaming through the cracks between the curtains. I get my watch to find its nearly eleven, had I really slept for that long? I hop down from my bunk and go to the back lounge, only to find Mikey in his natural state, playing video games.

"Do you know where Luke is?" I ask while rubbing my eyes and yawning. I almost half expected to wake up and see his adorable sleepy smirk beside me.

"Uh, I think he must be on the plane by now," he freezes for a second and his stunned face turns up to meet mine, which was completely mirroring his. "I wasn't supposed to say that."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Surprise!!! I updated...

Hahaha..haha........ha.........ha........imsosorrycouldyoueverforgiveme? *gives you a cupcake*

xx
Noelle