Chapter 54

Chapter 54

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Luke's POV

I open my eyes to the rays of the setting sun piercing my vision.

For starters, where am I?

My eyes start to adjust, revealing white walls, white floor, white sheets.

Wait.

Am I in heaven?

Then, a woman wearing all white enters my room holding a tray of something and whistling.

"What's that?" I ask. She jumps at my voice, like she expected me not to talk at all.

"Oh, Mr. Hemmings your awake! I'm going to get the doctor." She rushes out of the room.

Doctor. There ain't no doctors in heaven.

Oh wait. I'm in a hospital aren't I?

The hospital smell now hits me. How had I not noticed it before?

I look up at the clock and it's about 4 pm.

Three lab coated men stride into my room. Are three really necessary? Like this room isn't infinitely huge.

They start looking at the machinery and one of them checks my vital signs like breathing, heart rate and all that jazz.

I hear faint voices coming from outside the door of my room.

"Hey what's going on?" I can barely make out what the female voice is saying. What err have I heard that voice before? It sounds so familiar but I just can't put a name to it.

"I'm sorry mam but i am going to have to ask you to leave." I gruff voice that is much clearer travels through the door.

"What's going on? Why can't I see Luke?" The girls voice says louder.

That's Nikki.

I hear a small struggle as the 5'7 ish girl tries to get through what sounds like a man at least twice her size. I smile slightly at the image my mind produced.

"Nik?" I call. The noise on the other side of the door stopped before a frantic looking girl appears in my view.

I smile at her and she all but jumps on me.

"Oh my God I though you were dead."

"I'm right here angel. I'm not going anywhere."

--

So apparently I was in a coma for like 2 weeks as the result of the accident I got into after Nik left.

That pretty much sums up the twenty minute earful Rachel gave me when I saw her. (She came to the hospital to check on Nikki)

It seems that Nik has since forgotten, or is at least ignoring, the fact that she was beyond pissed the last time we spoke.

After they released me we walked around Sydney for a while until we went back to my house, mom was more than elated to see me. Though I don't know why the hospital didn't call her and tell her. Of course she asked a bazillion questions.

"Yes mum they said that all my vitals are fine. I don't appear to have any memory loss or any brain damage, which is extremely rare."

"Do you now understand why you always where your seat belt?"

"Mum, me wearing my seat belt didn't affect-"

"Nu-no Lucas don't talk back to me."

"But-"

"No buts. Dinner will be ready in a few minutes. " she walks back off towards the kitchen.

"Mum, can the boys come over?"

"I don't see any reason they shouldn't."

"Thanks." I text them all and no more than two minutes later they come bursting through the door and tackle-hug me to the ground.

"Guys. Can't... breathe."

"Dinner!" And with that the boys were off of me just as fast as they attacked me, racing to the kitchen. Nikki held out her hand to help me up but instead I pulled her down on top of me.

Our faces were inches apart but I soon fixed that when I molded my lips with hers. She pulled away and whispered quietly

"I missed you."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

He's alive!!

Yaaaaaaay.

I know this is a bit shorter than usual but I will try to make the next one longerrr.

Ok would somebody please explain to me the logic behind having 10+ unfinished and published books. Because I just don't understand. Like I found someone who literally had 29 books published, none of which were completed. What's with that? Really though, I don't get it.

Love you all ♡.♡

xx
Noelle