Chapter 20

Y/N Pov.

Charli and I spent most of the day talking, and we planned to meet at the cafe until the showcase was over. It was the day before the showcase, and we had decided to meet up at the cafe and go to the park. Felix dropped me off at the door, giving me a peck. "I'll see you soon baby" I pulled him into a hug, "See you soon Lixie" I smiled before walking in to meet Charli. "Y/N!" He exclaimed and jumped to grab my bag and coat. "Let's eat, then go for a walk" I explained and we placed our orders.

~_~_~ Time Skip of 2 hours ~_~_~

"Charli! Look! Swings!" I yelled, pointing to a free set of swings. We sat down and started swinging back and forth laughing and joking. "Y/N?" He asked, "Mm?" He looked down and started to fiddle with his hands. "I've been meaning to tell you... I, uh, have feelings for you. I have since we were in Aus and I still now." He grabbed my hands pleadingly. I froze, how do I explain that I'm seeing someone?! He is one of my best friends! I can't break his heart! "Oh! Wow, umm... I'm grateful you feel that way Charli" He looked up towards me, hope in his eyes. "But, I'm sorry... I don't feel the same way" I could see what looked like hope shattering in his eyes... No wait... Not hope...

His eyes shone with an evil glare, and within a second he had his hands tightly wrapped around my wrists. "You know, Y/N. This isn't going to work out" I gulped, trying to pull my arms away, "Let me go Charli" I said assertively, "Not when he wants you back" His malicious grin grew and showed his teeth. "Let. Me. Go. Charli" I said more aggressively, "And why would I disobey the orders Sam gave me? You know how he can get" I whimpered at the sound of Charli saying his name, my mind replaying the fight on repeat. I screamed and kicked him in the groin and chest. "BITCH-" He yelled, winded from the blows. I took the chance to run back to the cafe, calling Felix on the way.

"Hey" His voice compelling my body to relax and calm, "F-Felix, meet me at the cafe. NOW" I cried into the phone and hung up before sprinting into the streets. It took me maybe 10 minutes to run from the park to the cafe, the showcase arena was only around the block so Felix should've been able to make it there quick. I ran through the cafe glass doors, only to see a worried Felix sitting at my usual table. I dashed to him, burying my head in his chest and he wrapped himself around my fragile self. He pulled away the second he felt me whimpered and cry, "Y/N?" He said softly, "Ch-Charli... He-" I was cut off by a strange figure walking towards the cafe, "He's h-here" I whispered to Felix, "We n-need to go, now" I took his hand and asked to use the cafe's back entrance. They let us through and I made a run for it holding onto my boyfriend's hand for dear life. "Y/N! Where are we going?!" He exclaimed. We stopped outside the Arena, "Lix, I-I'm so sorry. I didn't know what else to do-" He stopped me by enveloping me in a warm hug. "Let's go inside and then talk, okay?" I nodded and he walked me into the arena. We found a closed off area and sat down. "What happened Bub?" I began to explain what happened at the park. I felt Felix's body tense when he heard the Charli had grabbed a hold of me, "That bastard. I outta kill him-" I cut him off like he had to me before and snaked my arms around him, "Lix. I'll be okay, I promise" He put his hands to my cheeks, checking my face. "Let's go inside, I promise nothing bad will happen to you while I'm by your side" He kissed my forehead chastely before we walked into the arena.