Eternity

Jimin is picking up a new batch of blood when Yoongi asks him to wait a second in his office. "So I've been looking into something."

Jimin raises an eyebrow. His curiosity is piqued. "What is it?"

"Surely you've thought about the fact that we're going to outlive our mates?"

Jimin nods slowly. He's been trying to deny that fact for as long as possible. Images of watching his mates grow old, their children grow old, plague his mind. He didn't mind immortality until he realized he wouldn't be able to share it with the only people he's ever loved.

Jimin has heard plenty of stories of vampires mated to mortals. Some do nothing and let fate take its course. Some reject their mates. Some take extreme measures. He'd never understood why vampires made suicide pacts until he met his mates.

"I think I've found a loop hole," Yoongi says. "A way to make us age."

"You can't cure vampirism." Jimin is trying not to get his hopes up. He was born a vampire. He's always been this. There isn't a way to turn him into something  he never was. A mortal.

"Not all of it. But there are ways to make vampires age." Yoongi leans forward in his chair. "I've been asking around since I met Hobi. I just... I know I can't live without him. Not ever."

"And you found something?"

"We aren't the only vampires who have mortal mates. People have found ways to make their mates immortal or make themselves mortal. Or at least sort of mortal."

Jimin feels hope rise in him. The ability to die with the person or people you love is something taken for granted by most.

"You're sure that it works? When can we do it?"

"Slow down," Yoongi chuckles. "I've already talked to Hobi about it. He says that it's my choice what I do with my immortality. You should talk to Tae and Kook. Once you guys make a decision, you and I will decide what to do. I have contact with a witch who knows some people and she owes me a favor."

Jimin sits back in the chair in awe. The opportunity in front of him is something he really never thought he'd have.

It's not until later in the day that Jimin meets up with his mates.

"We need to talk," Jimin says. Taehyung and Jungkook look at each other for a moment, worrying that they've done something wrong.

"About what?" Taehyung asks slowly.

"What would you say if I told you that I could give up immortality?"

It takes over twenty minutes of explaining to get the pair to understand. In the end, they're as taken aback as Jimin was.

"You give up eternity? For us?" Jungkook asks.

"In a heartbeat." Jimin reaches out to take his mates' hands. "I don't want to watch you both grow old without me. I know I won't be able to live without you both by my side. Living forever would be hell for me."

It had occurred to them all before. Jimin's vampirism wasn't something they'd forgotten about. But Taehyung and Jungkook both believed they had no way to intervene with the inevitable. Even if they did, they wouldn't make Jimin's decisions for him.

"Then you should do it," Taehyung says. He's willing to admit he may be a little selfish when it comes to his mates. They can only ignore the inevitable for so long. "If you want to turn eternity into a single lifetime with us, we'd make it worth it. We'd try at least."

Jimin nods. Emotion's cloud his thought for a few moments. He's never been so sure of anything before. He decides to call Yoongi and tell him to call his witch friend.