Heart Strings

Short Sweet and Fluffy

"What do you plan to do about your next rut?"

Jimin's question catches Taehyung a bit off guard. They're in Taehyung's room, waiting for Jungkook to come out of the shower. The room had reminded Jimin that it's been about a month since Taehyung's rut. A month since they met. Jimin can't say it hasn't been the best month of his life.

Taehyung sighs to himself. He sits up to look at Jimin straight in the eye. "I'm going to tell you something but you have to promise not to get mad."

"Okay," Jimin says slowly. He props himself up on his elbows. Taehyung usually isn't careful with his words. His words often come tumbling out before Taehyung even realizes what he's saying. He puts everything out at once, and more than not with the intention to make someone laugh. He doesn't give warnings. 

"I went into a rut last week," Taehyung says.

"You what?" Jimin exclaims. He immediately swats Taehyung's arm once, then twice, then a series of multiple hit at once. "Why didn't I know about this?"

"It was my normally cycled one and it barely lasted a day since I was forced into one when I met you guys," Taehyung explains. "I just took care of it myself."

"You still should have told us!" Jimin scolds. He doesn't want Taehyung to be alone. Not for his rut. Not for anything. 

"I know, I know," Taehyung rambles. He holds Jimin against his body gently. "It was just so quick after the first so I didn't want you to be bothered. And it didn't even last for long. But now my cycle will be normal next month."

Jimin grumbles under his breath inaudibly.

"What?" Taehyung asks.

"You still didn't answer my first question." Jimin looks at Taehyung strongly. "What are you doing for the next one?"

Taehyung pauses. He really wants to be with Jungkook and Jimin. He does. But he can't force them to deal with him and take care of him through rut. Even if his next cycle won't be as extreme as the first one they saw, he's still a lot to deal with. He's stubborn and insatiable and he can't ever keep his hands to himself. Jimin and Jungkook aren't used to dealing with a werewolf in their cycle and Taehyung doesn't want to make things hard for them.

Jimin notices Taehyung's reluctance to answer. His ability to read the wolf has increased as they've spent more time together. It's almost scary, really. He can understand Taehyung's silence as well as anything else that he says. 

"Did you like having us before?" Jimin asks.

"Yes," Taehyung answers softly. In fact, Taehyung thinks it was the best experience he'd ever had. He just wishes that he didn't have to be so anxious about the entire thing.

"Was it better without us last week?"

Taehyung shakes his head. Definitely not. He'd missed both of them. During and after his cycle, brief as it was, he yearned for them both. Every second away from them his heart strings felt tight in his chest. He was fearful they might snap. He thinks that it is entirely possible to die from heartbreak after that. He knows it is.

"Then when your rut starts next time, call us," Jimin says. His words sound final. He won't accepted anything but yes for an answer. 

"Minie-"

"No," Jimin says firmly. "I want to take care of you. And I know Jungkook doesn't like to see you in pain. So if you want us there, ask us. Don't make my decision for me."

"Okay," Taehyung says. It sounds as if he is promising himself more than Jimin. "I'll ask."

Jimin wraps his entire body around Taehyung, much like a kola bear. He buries himself in Taehyung's arm and the alpha doesn't hesitate to pet his head fondly.

"I love you," Taehyung says softly.

Jimin smiles against Taehyung. The confession sounds like a gospel on Taehyung's lips. Jimin wants to hear him sing it forever. "I love you too."