Sunflowers

"Hi Jungkookie," Hoseok says as he comes into the tattoo parlor. The waiting room is empty and they're are only a few customers with artists in the back.

Jungkook looks up from behind the desk and smiles. "Hyung, what are you doing here?"

"I brought Yoongi-hyung lunch."

Jungkook looks the older up and down, not seeing any food on him.

"It's me," Hoseok says. "I'm the lunch."

Jungkook snorts in amusement. He gestures towards where he knows Yoongi is and turns back to his work.

Hoseok has been visiting Yoongi more and more often over the past week. Jungkook has started to look forward his visits. Everyday Hoseok brings an element of unexpectedness to the shop. Despite that majority of the people in the shop are vampires, no one seems to mind the werewolf. It's hard not to love Hoseok no matter who you are.

Yoongi is laying with his shirt off on one of the tattooing benches as another artist leans over him with a tattoo gun in hand. It makes Hoseok curious, but a little jealous to see someone else so close to Yoongi. He moves quietly over to where they are.

"Hi," Hoseok says. He hopes to make Yoongi jump, but the vampire is unbothered as usual. Luckily, the artist saw him coming and his hand doesn't waver. Yoongi's eye cracks open only to shut again.

"Hi Hobi," Yoongi says.

"What'cha doing?" Hoseok asks. He sees the outline of a flower on Yoongi's chest, slowly being filled in with bright yellow ink by the artist's confident hand.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Yoongi replies as he opens his eyes again. It's a fair enough comeback, Hoseok thinks. Yoongi smiles briefly. A sweet grin reserved only for Hoseok. "This is for you."

"For me?" Hoseok asks.

"Because you're my sunflower," Yoongi explains. "And I want you close to my heart all the time."

Hoseok isn't easily flustered, but goddamn Yoongi gets to him. He's known people his whole life who haven't done as much as Yoongi and he's only known him for two weeks.

The sunflower doesn't really match the rest of Yoongi's tattoos. The large detailed skull on his right arm and the black skyline make for a dark aesthetic. The full sleeve that takes up his left  arm is mostly in black too, but the flower will be in full color. A bright and blooming tattoo right above his heart. Just for Hoseok.

"Yoongi," Hoseok says slowly. He's left speechless. Hardly anything can take Hoseok's words away. He's good at talking and he's always doing it nonstop. Always trying to make someone laugh or lighten the mood. But Yoongi... Yoongi has taken all of his capability to open his mouth. "You..."

"It was going to be a surprise," Yoongi continues. "For when I told you I wanted to be mates with you. Officially."

Hoseok pauses. He's trying not to let the shock bring him to shed tears of joy. He's never wanted anything more than Yoongi. Yoongi's time. Yoongi's attention. Yoongi's love. "I'm sorry I ruined your surprise."

"Don't be. I thought I'd be done before you came by today," Yoongi says. He looks around the room they met in. It already feels like he's known Hoseok forever. It's strange, he thinks, that one person can change him so drastically. "I guess it's appropriate to tell you here anyway."

"I love you," Hoseok says. It comes out sudden and jumbled. It hangs in the air for a second. It's the first time he's said it, but he's known it since he laid eyes on Yoongi.

"I love you too."

Jungkook listens to the entire thing as he pretends to work. Since he came in this morning and Yoongi had told him what he planned, the younger hasn't been able to stop thinking about how Hoseok would react. Yoongi wasn't worried at all. He seemed to know that Hoseok wanted the same thing as him.