Cotton

⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆AN: I love my dads ⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆

Most of Taehyung's pack has taken a liking to Jungkook and Jimin. Whenever they had visited over the few weeks after meeting them, they were welcomed with bright smiles and loud hellos. It's a new experience to both of them. Jungkook hasn't had anyone for a long time and Jimin has never had a clan. The pack, however, has seemed to have adopted them as one of their own even though they aren't officially mated to Taehyung. It's honestly been melting the pair's hearts.

Taehyung couldn't be happier to see his mates with his pack. It's a reminder that when- if they mate then Jungkook and Jimin will technically be pack members. The thought makes him smile as he eats lunch, his mates on either side of him at the pack's meal.

"I'm just saying you wouldn't be as clumsy if you wore your glasses," Jin says as he stares down Namjoon. The pair sit in the middle of the table, rather than traditionally sitting at the head. They like to be in the center of the pack to be involved more than at the front.

"I don't like wearing them," Namjoon pouts at his mate.

"You are going to seriously hurt yourself one of these days," Jin accuses. The stereotyped meekness is nowhere in the pack omega. He takes no shit and does whatever he pleases. It always makes Jungkook smile. In this moment, however, he can't help but think that Jin and Namjoon sound like an old married couple.

"How long have you guys been mated?" Jungkook asks. Namjoon silently thanks Jungkook for sparing him from the wrath of his mate.

"It's been five years now," Namjoon answers as he takes another bite of breakfast. He glances to Jin again. "This is really good by the way."

"Oh don't kiss ass," Jin replies immediately. Namjoon evades his eyes in retreat.

"Will you tell us how you met?" Jimin asks, again swooping in to rescue the alpha.

"I guess I should start at the beginning then."

◾▫▪◾ (five years ago)

Namjoon can't believe it. The pack alpha is gone. Jaeho has been in charge since before Namjoon was born, a constant figure in his life, but he's just... gone. Thankfully, it had been a peaceful death. He'd gone in his sleep due to his heart.

And now Namjoon was left here. About to be recognized as the new alpha in Jaeho's place.

Under normal circumstance, Jaeho's first child would take over, however Jaeho was mated with another alpha. Children are extremely rare between two alphas and it was no surprise that Jaeho and his mate had never had one of their own. What was a surprise was when the couple chose Namjoon to be the successor.

Namjoon was no fool. He knew there were other candidates, alphas that weren't nineteen year olds and had mates. Alphas that weren't Namjoon. Alphas that were qualified. Still, Jaeho had chosen him with certainty. And Namjoon... had accepted. He was still coming to terms with it himself, but he thinks he can do good by his pack mates. He trusted Jaeho's judgement more than his own, and if he thought Namjoon was a good choice then Namjoon had to believe him.

His pack hadn't inaugurated an alpha in over thirty years, but they'd attended other packs'. The last of which was when Namjoon was only fourteen, but he'd still been invited by Jaeho. In that moment he never thought he'd ever be on the other side of an inauguration.

He is sat in the center of a long bench along with Jaeho's mate, the soon-to-be-former beta, and the new beta, Namjoon's best friend, Hoseok. Chairs were set in rows in front of them for his pack and leaders from other packs. They had alliances with eleven packs in the Seoul and the surrounding area, and one of their traditions was this. Acknowledging and accepting new alphas whenever they came about.