Harmless

Jungkook wakes up to a warm body on either side of him, just the same as yesterday morning. He thinks he could get used to it. It's a safe and reassuring way to start the day. It gives him a chance to think.

Three months since he met Jimin. Two weeks since he met Taehyung. A week since he discovered he worked in a vampire parlor. His entire life has been flipped around so quickly. He didn't think it was possible, yet here he is, comfortably sharing his bed with the two things he swore he never would.

The youngest has no intention of getting up from his cocoon. He has an arm across Jimin's waist and the other draped over Taehyung's back. His mates are cuddled just as close to him, just as needy. It reminds Jungkook he isn't the only one engulfed in these feelings.

Jungkook looks between each of his mates. They seem in content. The very presence of their mates lets them sleep ease. Jungkook doesn't want to disturb them, especially since he's keeping them at bay while they're awake.

Well... for the most part.

Physically, Jungkook can't resist his mates, but emotionally? Jungkook can fight off his feelings with a ten foot pole. He can't stand the weakness that emotion forces on him. He'll avoid them until he dies. Even if it makes things difficult. Even he hurts his mates.

Jimin wakes up slowly beside his mates. He doesn't bother to move. Can't find a reason why he'd want to either. Everything feels perfect here. He feels Jungkook absentmindedly running his fingers along Jimin's skin, the human clearly lost in thought.

"What'ca thinking about?" Jimin asks quietly. His voice is rough but Jungkook thinks it's soothing. The younger shrugs, continuing his soft touches. Jimin leans against him. "You okay, Kookie?"

"I'm fine," Jungkook mumbles softly. "Just sleepy."

"You just woke up," Jimin chuckles. He gives Jungkook a playful whack on the arm. Jimin knows that Jungkook isn't being entirely honest, but he decides to let it slide for now. "Want breakfast?"

"Sure." Jungkook hums. He shifts lazily so Jimin can get up. They're both quiet when Jimin leaves the room, but neither of them mind.

Jungkook feels chills with Jimin gone from his side. He nudges closer to Taehyung without much thought. Taehyung simply feels safe. He wraps his arm around Jungkook, still half asleep but sensing his mate.

"Do you have to work today?" Taehyung asks, voice even deeper than usual.

"Yeah," Jungkook says. He doesn't bother to open his eyes. "Did Jimin tell you the tattoo parlor is actually a blood dealer for vampires?"

"It's what?" Taehyung is wide awake now.

"Small world." Jungkook shrugs.

"Why didn't you tell me? You can't work there," Taehyung says. "You'll get hurt!"

"Relax, hyung." Jungkook yawns. "I just greet everyone. I'm perfectly safe. Besides Yoongi-hyung would never let anything happen to me."

"Jungkook," Taehyung says slowly. Skeptically. He can't stand the thought of Jungkook being in the midst of the vampire network everyday, but he knows he can't make Jungkook quit.

"Don't worry about me," Jungkook insists. "Jimin-hyung is making breakfast. We should help."

Jungkook pulls the covers the back and jumps up. Taehyung groggily follows after him.

"Jimin, do you think It's a good idea for Jungkook to work at that parlor?" Taehyung asks once he gets into the kitchen. Jungkook frowns at the continued questioning.