CHAPTER 32: CAIRO AND THE DRAGON LILY

Long ago in a time of Fire and blade lived four brothers.

Each fighting against one another over who would rule the kingdom after their father would pass.

The king, before passing had left a message telling them to travel to the edge of the world, there would they find their answer.

Upon arriving to the edge of the world a giant stood on the path.

The Giant picking itself up from it's resting place and standing towards the sky.

The behemoth grumbling as it shook the ground with every breath. "What brings you here?" 

The eldest brother stood forward and  explained that their Father, the king, had passed and had planned to give the kingdom to the brothers.
He had explained that the king had told them to find a giant to find a solution.

The Giant grumbled as it raised it's hand and held it to it's heart.
"It hurts my old soul to hear that an old friend has joined my brothers and sisters."

"This land has been here for Millennia, mankind, springing to life as the God's live today."

The Giant kneeled down and took a deep breath, the earth shaking creating a large oak. The behemoth clapped creating lightning and catching the oak on fire.

"The king brought peace to this land, creating a place of tranquility and silence for his lifetime allowing me to rest."

"I bare one task for the four of you."

A beautiful maiden emerged from the fire, her skin made of ash and coal; her hair made of raging flame. Looking as if it were soft to the touch.

The giant told the four brothers that he and the king had held a long and prosperous friendship and promised a husband for his daughter. The brothers were to marry her before the end of the season

The brothers agreed and decided to come back three days before the end, each with giant carriages filled to the brim with gifts.

When the time came the brothers awaited the giant and his daughter.
The oldest brother went first, offering her gold and treasure. Promising the world and it's mysteries to her.

The second offered her the moon and stars, the very culmination of the night itself.

The third offered her land and people, all that she could see would be hers and hers alone. The land ripe for the picking.

The youngest, staring silently into her eyes as seconds passed slowly.

"I am sorry for I could not bring anything worthy for your daughter.

"My brother's have offered you gold, blood, and an army."

"I cannot give you what my brothers have offered fair maiden."

"What do you want?"

The maiden softly spoke one word as the brothers stood in anticipation.

"Peace."

The youngest stood back as she had made her choice, her father taking a deep breath, causing the fire to expand and get bigger.

The youngest, after witnessing the flame grow made his way towards the maiden, each step of the way getting hotter and hotter by the moment.

He had stopped in his tracks, the fire too strong to even get a chance to get closer. He moved back and waited patiently alongside his brothers.

The giant, growing impatient, allowed the brothers to speak to one another before his daughter gave her answer.

"Surely she'll choose me" Said the second brother.