CHAPTER SEVEN: LETS FLY

"Today's the day." Lavender said as he put the last bag in the car, the sun touched the middle of the sky as a small pack of clouds chased it about. The wind softly blew past the buildings as Lavender got into the car. "It feels weird going to school, never thought we'd get to go." The twins said in unison, the seats slightly squeeked as the two scooted over for Reyah.
"I won't lie, its going to be weird to see two boulders get an education. Wonder how the professor's are going to react." Reyah said as she sat between the two, the car kicked up as the drove in the streets of the city. A long line of cars all leading to the edges of the docks, a giant hovering ship sat above the ocean water. The ripples underneath making a faux current as people began to board.

"So boss. How do you feel about this? You'll be stuck at school while the boys relocate the new base. You nervous or something?" Drake said as he reached to his right, the car stopped in its tracks as he opened the door and got out. "I'm sure uncle's got it covered. After all, I'm supposed to focus on getting my education." Lavender said sarcastically raising his hands. "Let's just hope he gets it done right." Lavender got out the car and awaited Reyah and Victor's exit.
"Damn. She's fucking massive." Victor said as he shielded his eyes momentarily, the sun blinding him temporarily. "That's what she said." Drake retorted, the twins snickered before getting silenced almost instantly by Reyah's glare. She rolled her eyes, walking past Lavender and towards the ship.

The chatter of hundreds of people buzzed about, most saying their goodbyes, others looking to be by themselves, staring at what could be the start of their future.
"Hey boss, we'll go figure out what to do with all our stuff. We'll meet you on the ship." Lavender nodded and quietly waved them off as they dissappeared into the crowd. Lavender and Reyah walked deeper into the crowd of people, finally breaking through and finding the metal ramp. As they docked onto the ship, the sound of the giant rockets flared into the ocean. The water pushing and pulling away in its place, perpetually keeping the ship afloat.
Both Reyah and Lavender made the turn through a giant bay door, the ship oddly more spacious than anticipated.

The kick up of the ships intercoms rang loudly before stabilizing, a woman's voice quietly growing in volume as the crackle of the speaker dissappeared.

"Welcome aboard new students. We'll be setting coarse towards Beacon in five. In the meantime, enjoy the complimentary breakfast and drink we have aboard on the southwest side of the ship. Courtesy of Headmaster Ozpin."

The speaker shutdown as the people on the ship began to coral towards the giant tables of food and drink. "That's nice of them. Want anything?" Reyah pointed at the table, the crowd getting thicker and thicker as time went by. "Nah. Had food before I got here."
Lavender said as he looked at the giant view window, seagulls flew past in the sky, screeching at one another as they spot their next victim. Lavender watched as the birds flew down with such force that the people they were robbing of food had no idea what was going on until last second, guaranteeing thier meals of the day.
Lavender laughed to himself, witnessing the misfortune of some poor child's stolen corn dog. Reyah looked at her employer  with a look of confusion, whispering a soft "weirdo" as she walked away. The tip tapping of people's feet filled the room, chatter between them all giving no room for silence to drive itself in. Lavender continued to look on outside, the crowd slowly breaking itself apart as the last of the students made their way from their families and onto the ship.

The sound of the engine roared outside as the rockets gleamed brighter and brighter, the bay doors shut themselves down and the ship began to float into the air. The intercom kicked back into gear, the loud shrill of the speaker peaking once again.

"Ladies and gentlemen we have liftoff! Next stop, the future!"

Lavender's stomach turned sour for a moment, a pit of uncomfortable weight building inside him as the ship lifted off and began making its journey over the ocean. Clouds parted away as they shot through the air, mist seeping it's way past the ship, engulfing the hull as they continued on. Lavender kept his eyes in the ocean, something kept gnawing at him, something drew him to stare into the endless blue sea.