CHAPTER 35: Hard work always pays off

"Again!"

The boiling sun beating down atop the building, sweat trickeling down Juanes forehead as he threw his hair back and got up off the floor.

He screamed as he threw another punch at Lavender, failing as he got yet another kick to chest.

"You gotta get better Juane, at this rate you're going to pass out."

Juane laid there, groaning in pain as he tossed himself onto his back wheezing silently, staring into the sky.
"You gotta get up juaney boy." Lavender wiped the sweat off his forehead as he adjusted his black tank top, the still air buzzing around them as the sun continued to beat down across town. 

Jaune moaned as he got up slowly, tipping to the left and to the right as he struggled to find his footing. Tripping and falling on his knee, the floor warm to the touch as he found his balance.

"Listen, you can't keep that up forever."

Juane spit on the roofs flooring, almost evaporating instantly. "What are you talking about?" The blood on his bottom lip began to build again, creating a small stream to run down his chin and onto the ground.

Lavender let out a soft but irritable sigh, the sweat on his forehead becoming more and more noticeable as he wiped it off.

"You're holding back, don't act like I can't see that your pulling punches."

Juane stayed silent as the wind picked up little by little. A light wind shifting left then right persuading the still air to leave. "Look, I'm going to level with you Juane. At this rate, the way your going, Ozpin's gonna kill us both."

Lavender kneeled down, his heels  touching as he leaned foward, towards Juane.

"What's Pyrrha taught you so far?"

"What?"

"You heard what I said. If I'm going to teach you, I'm going to need to know what you know already. Because so far, whatever I'm teaching you is going in one ear and out the other."

"Look I-"

"He's doing his best" a familiar clicking of heels made way as the door closed.

"Pyyrha."

Lavender pulled out two hankerchiefs, one for himself and another for Juane.

"Look what your doing to the poor guy Pyyrha. He's letting me beat him up. If I'd know any better, you turned him into a punching bag."

Pyrrha extended her hand to juane, the wind finally making way as the clouds covered the bright sun and its gaze.

"He's just using what he knows already Lavender, maybe you're going too fast for him."

Lavender rolled his eyes. "Look, the festival is coming up and the deadline even sooner Pyyrha. If I don't speed things up then he'll get the shit beaten out of him."

"You're already doing that." Pyyrha grabbed the hankerchief and moved Juanes face with her soft hands,  wiping the blood off his lip. Lavender spit on the floor and scoffed.

"What, you think he's ready? You think he'll survive in there?"

Lavender straightened his legs out, standing straight up. Throwing his arms out and rolling his shoulders, slowly stretching out his biceps.

"That's not what I'm saying-"

"No no no. If that's what you think miss perfect, then show me."

Lavender put his hankerchief on the palm of his hand, letting only a little poke out of his knuckle as he made a fist.  "If he can take this from me he can get my go for Ozpin and the festival, Hell, I'll even let you join in on the fight." Lavender put his fists up, taking only a few short steps back.