CHAPTER 30: Pandering Consequences

*This story is officially a year old! Cake for everyone! I will try to keep uploading chapters very near in the close future so in the meantime enjoy what I have to offer and await the winding Mystery I have in store!*
-----------------------------------------------------------

Lavender opened his door and took a deep breath as he proceeded towards Team JNPR's room.
The hallway almost completely silent, except for the chatter of students beyond the walls.
Lavender stood at the door and began to raise his hand to knock, but before anything was put in motion he put it back down.

Only after a few seconds the doorknob began to move, Lavender silently moving quickly to the side wall attempting to act casual.

"Slick move bud" Lavender thought to himself as he laid his arms to the side.

The door opened after a moment and revealed Pyrrha putting her hair back into a ponytail. Her skin seeming flawless and her posture perfect.
"Evening Pyrrha, took longer than I expected."
Pyrrha chuckled as she did the last twist of her band.
"Sorry about that, it's been a long day."

Lavender pushed himself off the wall and stood straight up, "I'm just messing with you, no need to apologise."
Pyrrha smiled as she walked out the door and pushed a small strand behind her left ear, her heels clicking as the two began walking to the end of the hall and down the stairs.

As the two walked down the last steps of the stairway a pair of steel doors blocked their path, Lavender quietly pulled ahead of Pyrrha and pulled the handle. The sound of the door squealed as he tugged on it's backside, it eventually gave up and let the two pass through.

The two walked outside to feel nature's touch caress them both, the leaves falling to the ground one by one.

"Nice outside ain't it?"

Pyrrha putting her hands behind her, began to put walk forward into the night.

"It really is, isn't it?" Pyrrha said softly as she scanned her surroundings.

Lavender stared in silence, a blank face painted upon him. The sky slowly parting as the moon stared at the two.

Lavender began to walk into the dark with her, with the streets slow and the night calm the two began to walk towards the city.

After a few minutes of silence Lavender began to tap his finger on his thigh in irritation. The quiet seemingly killing him as he walked alongside his red companion.

'She's calm.'

"Oh thank God!" Lavender said to himself, Pyrrha turned her head in confusion as they continued forward.
"Are you ok Lavender?" She said as they came up to a corner.

Lavender silently panicked and looked further down the street.
"Yeah, I thought a little too much"
He then began staring at the floor intensely.

"Pyrrha looked both ways and made a right turn before breaking the silence again. "You don't have to hide it." She said as she looked off into the distance, Lavender pulled his eyes from the ground and towards the street.

'She is onto us.'

'Maybe it's time to take care of this.'

"You keep your hands to yourself."

"Hide what Pyrrha?" Lavender asked as he pointed done the road, a small red building stood at the end. No windows, just a large red door and there stood Team RWBY, JNPR and the rest of Lavender's.

Pyrrha stopped in her tracks and looked at him quietly as he walked past her. "Do you think we can't notice you talking to your friend Lavender?"

He stopped in his tracks as the sound of heels stopped clicking in the night.
"What do you mean Nikos?"