"Well for starters she can manage business too well for a first timer. And I'm pretty sure that she's not a spoiled brat. She isn't like those women who goes crying to their daddy. She's confident and beautiful. Something about her allures me." Jared says.

Alisha fists her hands on her lap as jealousy hits her like storm. What has that woman done that Jared is talking like this about her? Alisha has only heard Jared once talking like this about a girl. And that was years ago. Let's just say that didn't go well for that girl.

"I want to meet this girl. She seems pleasant." Alisha says with clenched teeth. Fortunately Jared doesn't notice.

"Alright then come to the office tomorrow. You'll meet her there." Jared says.

"Alright. I'd like to think that you're not ousting me from your place already. I want to eat dinner together." Alisha says with a pouty face. Jared laughs at that.

Jared heats some food in the oven. Alisha and Jared sits at the dining table. Jared suddenly says,"You know Robin is coming tomorrow. He finally got rid of that manager of his. Now he wants to celebrate firing his manager with me and Ben."

Alisha scowls after hearing Robin's name.

"Just notify me when he's over. I won't  be here then. Believe me that guy gets on my nerves every time."

Jared laughs at Alisha's words. "Trust me the feeling is mutual between you two."

.........................

Laura is sitting at the table doing some paper works. Jared isn't here yet. She suddenly notices that that the all the team members are dearly silent and they're looking at the door with their mouth agape. Laura looks around to see the reason and sees that Jared is entering the room with a person who is too familiar to her.

Jared tells everyone to get back to work. They come towards Laura and stand right in front of Laura's table. Laura keeps her face void of any emotion and politely greets Jared.

Jared greets her back and says,"Laura this is Alisha Keys, a friend."

Jared turns to Alisha and says,"Ali this is Laura Williams, my business partner."

Laura snorts in her head hearing the nickname. But she gives a fake smile and shakes Alisha's hand. She acts like she had never met this girl before.

Alisha does the same thing. Forces a smile on her face and shakes Laura's hand.

Alisha takes a seat in the table and starts observing Laura carefully. Trying to understand what does she has that attract Jared.

Laura starts feeling uncomfortable under Alisha's calculating gaze so she excuses herself and goes to the washroom. She looks at the mirror and sees a girl who's shaken up after meeting another person from her past.

She knows that she'll have to face her past eventually but it's too soon. Still she takes some long breaths to stop her heart from beating wildly.

After calming her nerves when she is about to leave she sees that Alisha is blocking the door. She keeps her face straight so that Alisha doesn't notice her nervousness.

Laura about to tell her to move when Alisha says,"You're Leira Smith aren't you? That poor, nerdy, social freak who always hid behind Violet's shadow like a lost puppy. I still regret the fact that I used to hang out with you. So tell me how did you become Laura Williams?"

Alisha continues,"I recognized you the moment I saw you. Did you really think I wouldn't recognize you if you act like you don't know me?"

Laura smiles a bit and says,"I'm surprised your sweet smile has changed into this so quickly. And here I thought that you're really glad to meet me. But I still can assure you that I'm not the person whom you're talking about."

Alisha becomes surprised listening to her and in this moment Laura goes to the door and opens it. Just before her retreat she looks at Alisha and gives out a sinister smile and says,

"If you compare me to a nerdy social freak so called friend of yours then you're dearly mistaken. Cause I'm definitely not that." Not anymore Laura thinks and retreats leaving Alisha standing in the bathroom with a look that says,"We'll see about that."

When Alisha comes back to the room she notices that Laura is not here. So she asks Reid about her and he answers that Laura has left early so that she can pick her friend from the airport.

Laura is gripping the stearing wheel so tightly that her hands have turned white. She calls Violet. Violet answers the call and says,"What's up bitch?"

Laura says in the most vulnerable tone,"I met Alisha today."

Violet becomes concerned and says in a hurried tone,"Where are you?"

................

So here's a new chapter. This time I've updated soon. Comment how did you find Alisha.

And if you can go to chapter 4. I've attachef 2 pictures there.

Vote, comment and share.

- Arin