Chapter 55

Hydra was just like how it was before I had left, cold, dark, and terrifying. 

Being led down the hallway, Jax beside me,  flashbacks of all those months I was shuttled back in forth from lab to lab and in and out of my cell surface to the front of my mind. The needles and cold, invasive hands examining me while I lie on a metal table praying for it all to be over. Hopefully this time it would be different, I could gain the trust of them and keep Jax from the hands of the scientist just long enough to bring this place to the ground. 

As we pass cells of other prisoners or science experiments I catch a few familiar faces from before, none that really meant anything though. Really I was looking for Luna, to see if she could help us or at least provide protection in here.

We stop in front of two empty cells, one of the two guards unlocks the first door and takes Jax and walks him in before shutting and locking the door.

" Hands." the guard says, indicating for Jax to put his wrists through the bars so the handcuffs could be removed

Jax does as he's told and retreats to the back of the cell when his wrists are free.

The guard does the same with me, then him and the other guard walk back down the hallway in till they are out of sight.

" I see you guys are getting comfortable, sorry we couldn't put the two of you together, can't trust her...she's too smart for that" Aulluver says, making his way to our cells.

" The decor sure didn't change around here" I say sarcastically.

" Wouldn't want to mask the homey atmosphere would we?" he replies dryly.

I scoff at his comment, as if I could ever call this place home, how could anyone?

" Well I'll leave you guys to it, we have a long day tomorrow so rest up." Aulluver says, giving a bang on Jax's cell which makes him flinch before turning around and leaving. 

" Rebel when do we start, because I don't want to stay here any longer than we have to" Jax says in a low voice, once he's sure Aulluver can't hear.

" As soon as we can, prepare to play nice for tomorrow - we only get one first impression." I remind, sticking my hand out in attempt to hold his in comfort.

" This better work, cause if one of us ends up dead I'm gonna be pissed." Jax says playfully.

I know he's scared but as long as everything goes as planned I'll be able to ensure he stays safe and we leave this place unscathed.

-

-

-

A/N

2 updates in two days wow?! #productive. Sorry this chapter is so short but the next chapter will probably be super long so stay tune for that. I know I kinda fell off the face of the earth for a little while, I just lost all my motivation ( which happens a lot I know) to write but luckily it finally came back. From now on I'm gonna try to be more productive and write more for you guys.