Chapter 41

*Tony's pov*
The sky was cobra-black. Mercury-red blood drizzled to the ground. Our enemies were banging and bashing at our lines. Bullets and arrows were wizzing through the air past my head. Swarm of opponents attacked us.The battle was heart-thumping, I had forgot how much I missed being on missions.

Just as I was about to finish off the small group I was taking down, my attention was pulled away.

"Sir Ms. Potts is calling" Jarvis informed

" Tell her it's going to have to wait" I say while I blast three guards in the face.

"Ms. Potts says it is urgent and is requesting you answer now" Jarvis nagged.

"Fine, put her on" I give in.

"Hey Pep now is REALLY not a good time." I hint.

" I know, I know but I need you to come back home." Pepper says voice full of worry.

Her tone of voice is what scares me, she had never called before demanding I come home.

" Of course, but is everything okay?" I say without hesitation, trying to stay calm for Pepper's sake.

" I'll explain when you get here" She says, before I get a chance to answer she hangs up the phone.

" Jarvis alert the team I'm leaving, and if needed call in back up for me" I order, Jarvis sends out the notification and I finish off my small group I was working on before leaving.

***
I land on the balcony and walk into the kitchen to find Pepper waiting for me

"What's going on" I says, examining her body to make sure she wasn't hurt

"It's Rebel, she's down at the police station" Pepper says stepping back away from my touch.

" I'll take care of it" I say.

I kiss Pepper I the forehead and turn to leave again to go pick up Rebel. I'm half way to the door before Pepper says something.

" Don't be too hard on her, it's not her fault" Pepper says in a soft voice, a voice she knows I can't fight.

Pshhtt not her fault, it never is.

-

-

-

A/N
Hey guys sorry it's been awhile I just haven't had the time and patience to sit down and write lately. This is just a short filler chapter to get over this creative block I'm having. Like always thanks for reading and don't forget to like and comment (also comment idea and stuff I should write about).