Chapter 51

"Rebel" A voice says, lightly shaking me awake.

My eyes flutter open, looking around I see Steve sitting on the side of me. Sitting up I remember I was in Jax's living room, only Jax was no where to be seen.

" Where's Jax?" I ask before anything else.

" He had to go somewhere." Steve says calmly.

I throw the blanket that was placed on top of me off to the side and sit normally on the couch. Fear creeps into my throat when I release Steve was in Jax's apartment without an explanation.

" Wait-whats going on? Is it Peter? Is he okay?" I ask frantically.

" No, Peter is fine. Pepper told me to come pick you up." He says, getting up off the coffee table he was sitting on.

" Why?" I ask, wondering why I couldn't just hang at Jax's for the day.

" Well Peter is awake, she just thought you like to see him" Steve said nonchalantly, knowing I'd never pass up the offer.

The second I hear that I shoot up off the couch, straightening my clothes and brush through my hair with my fingers.

" So I'm assuming you want to go?" He says smirking.

" Is that even question?" I scoff.

We leave Jax's house and make our way to the car, pulling away and watching as the apartment building get smaller the farther we got.

***

Walking into the waiting room we are greeted by Pepper. She smiles my way then walks over to talk with Steve. I take a seat in one of those uncomfortable waiting room chairs and wait till I'm told I can see Peter. Soon Tony comes out from the room, joining next to Pepper. This time Tony isn't teary eyed and he has changed into a fresh pair of clothes then from last night. I smile in his direction, not really sure if I should say anything or not.

A nurse soon comes out and says other visitors can go in. I take that as my queue to get up and volunteer. She leads me out of the waiting and guides me to Peter's room. She stops in front of the door, letting me go in alone since I was old enough where I didn't need an adult. I push open the door to see Peter propped up in a bed looking through his phone.

"Hi." I say somewhat quietly, not wanting to scare him.

" Rebel, hey!" He says happily.

I stand there for a moment smiling, it was hard to believe he was ever shot, he was still the same bright happy person he always was.

" So, how've you been?" I say awkwardly, moving farther into the room.

" I mean, besides getting shot I've been okay." he says jokingly.

"Good...good." I reply, not really sure what to say.

" Hey I meant to ask, how have you been holding up? Ya know after what went down at your party." He says, like he was honestly concerned about me.

" Me? you're the one who was shot!" I answer.

" Yeah but I'm fine now." he says casually.

"I thought you were dead!" I reply back

He laughs, like a real genuine laugh.

" What's so funny?" I protest.

" You think I'd die? leaving you alone?" he says, still laughing.

" What's that suppose to mean?" I rebut.

" Hell Rebel you can't take care of yourself, look at you" he says, laughing harder now.

I start laughing too, knowing he's only messing with me.

" But seriously, we were all really worried about you." I say, catching my breath from laughing.

" Really?" Peter asks, like he really didn't believe me.

" Of course! oh god especially Tony, he was actually crying." I say.

Peter laughs a bit, probably thinking of his mentor, who never shows any emotions around him, crying.

" What about you? were you crying?" Peter says jokingly, raising an eyebrow.

" I-I, well it doesn't matter because now you're okay" I say, quickly deflecting the question.

Peter smirks, knowing he's flustered me.

Just then there is a knock on the door and a women I'd never seen before walks in smiling.

" Hey aunt May." Peter say casually.

I never actually seen Peter's aunt, only ever heard about her from either Tony or Peter. When she see me she smiles.

" Aunt May, this is Rebel, Mr. Stark's ..." he starts.

" Daughter, I'm Tony's daughter." I finish.

She smiles and says 'nice to meet to', the three of us stand there awkwardly for a moment unsure what to say.

" So how did you two meet?" May asks, probably just trying to break up the awkwardness.

" Uh, through Mr. Stark." Peter answers,

" Yeah he said I should meet him." I add, making Peter blush a bit.

We stand there again, wondering what to say.

" Well I'll leave you two alone, I better get back to the group." I say finally, turning around and heading for the door.

I exit the room and go back to the group, who are all talking to one another.

" Ready to go?" Pepper says, noticing my presence.

" Yup" I reply.

Tony and Pepper say their good byes then the three of us head to car to go home.