Chapter 6

(Rebel's pov)

As I lay on the warm concrete the only thought that is going through my head is "I'm going to die, a slow painful death, alone".

I almost wish she'd just killed me all together instead of leaving me here in excruciating pain, but that was her plan - to make me suffer.

I know no one is gonna find me, I know no one cares.

I crawl over and slump against the side of a apartment complex. I know I shouldn't close my eyes, but its so tempting, then again what do I have to lose?

***

I wake up to the faint sound of machines beeping, I don't open my eyes, to afraid to find out where I am, am I dead? I slowly open my eyes, bright lights blind me

" Yup this is it, I'm dead" I think to myself.

When I finally open my eyes all the way I realize I'm not dead, but instead in a hospital attached to all kinds of machines.

I instantly freak out not knowing where I am or what happened, I guess by freaking out it caused my heart rate to increase, which sets off a machine that made a very loud beeping noise. A nurse comes running in only to stop when she realized nothing was wrong and that I was awake.

She smiles at my presence, she seems nice. She walks over to me checking off a clipboard, once she's done she puts the clipboard down and looks at me.

"Alright you seem to be doing okay, I told your father and his friends they can visit now, that's if your okay with it" the nurse asked smiling at me.

"Yeah it's fine" I say trying to clear my voice.

About two minuets later everyone piles into the room; Tony, Pepper, Clint, Natasha, Thor and Steve. A few of them silently gasp when they see me, how bad did I look?

"How are you feeling?" Thor asks

"Fine" is the only thing I can think to say, even though I'm far from fine- my stomach and ribs are killing me, I have a wicked headache and to  top it off all the people in this small room is making it stuffy.

  "What happened?" I ask groggily, to be honest I didn't remember all that much.

"Someone found you unconscious in an alley and brought you to the ER, they contacted Tony and we came as soon as possible" Pepper said looking worried, that's when it all came back to me - the fight with Nikki.

I rub my forehead, the memories were overwhelming, which only made my headache worse.

"The police said they are coming by in an hour to question you about what happened" Tony said not being able to make eye contact with me.

"NO, not the police" I said quickly, I knew if I went to the police Nikki would find out and next time she really would kill me or have me killed.

"Why not, don't you want them to lock up whoever hurt you Rebel?" Steve said looking confused.

"No, I don't"  I snap, I'm so tired that  I don't bother with filtering what I'm saying or how I'm saying it.

"What? Why wouldn't you want the person in jail, they could have killed you Rebel" Tony said almost as if he was angry that I disagreed.

"Because if she finds out I went to the cops next time she's gonna actually kill me!" I yell, panicking at the thought of Nikki coming after me again.

"Wait they are a she , and what do you mean next time?" Tony says raising an eyebrow at what I just said.

"Yes it's a she, someone from my past actually. If I go to the cops she will hunt me down and kill me, trust me when I say don't get the cops involved Tony." I warn.

The room goes silent after my statement.

"Alright, no cops." Tony exhales as he speaks as if the whole conversation was just to much for him.

The nurse comes in and tells Tony and Pepper that I'm well enough that I can be discharged and taken home, they both sign a few papers, I get changed back into my normal clothes, and we all head back to the tower.