Chapter 30

*Tony's pov*
As I sat on the couch reading the news paper not realizing that Bruce walked in.

" Hey Brucie, how's my daughter?" I say, actually feeling good for the first time in a while.

"Yeah about that..." he trailed off, getting me kind of nervous.

"Mmm?" I hummed, letting him continue

"Mentally and Physically she's great" He started.

" That's good" I reply feeling a little more confident

"But..." he kept going

Oh lord, my confidence dropping again.

"She's a bit of a shell right now...most likely PTSD" Banner said solemnly.

"Oh" was the only thing I could say.

" She's awake if you want to go see her" He suggested

I took the opportunity to check up on her, I hadn't really had the chance since she was in recovery and she needed rest. I walked into the lab to see her mindlessly channel surfing on the TV. She hadn't seen me step into the room yet, I approached slowly so I won't scare her, knowing how skittish she was right now. I lightly cough getting her attention.

" Hi " I say awkwardly

No response, she just stares at me blankly then returning to channel surfing.

I come closer till I'm sitting on the edge of her bed.

"It's been awhile" I say with a small laugh.

" Yeah...awhile" she mumbles

"Oh so she speaks" I say in a sarcastic tone, hopping to spark a conversation.

She gives me a dead serious glare, obviously not enjoy my sarcasm.

"So Bruce tells me you're doing good, so good in fact soon you'll be able to sleep in you're own room"

no comment.

" So about that thing you did when we were trying to get you..." I said trailing off hoping she'd give,me some kind of response.

Again no comment

" C'mon kid, give me something"

" Something" shes says in almost whisper voice.

Her sarcasm gives me hope that I haven't totally lost her, that deep down the girl that was my daughter was still there and not the shell of who she use to be.

"We all missed you" I stated

All she does is scoff.

"What's so funny?" I ask

" Well if you 'missed' me so much why did it take almost two months for you to decide to come get me?" she said a harsh tone.

Her comment completely shocked me. Why she was acting this way?

" Well it just took awhile to figure out where you went" I said, trying not to set her off.

" You're a genius and a billionaire, you had a head start!" she growled.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I said raising an eyebrow.

" IT MEANS YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN ME SONNER!" she screams, objects around her starting to levitate

I back away knowing what she can do, when she notices my fear the objects around her fall to the ground and tears start to stream down her face. I rush to her side when I noticed she's  actually crying.

" Hey, hey I'm sorry, I know I should have gotten to you sooner" I say rubbing her back.

Her tears turn into sobs that make her whole body shake, I tried to comfort her but nothing seemed to help. Between sobs she looks up at me, trying to speak through all her crying.

"Why didn't you come before - before they made me into a monster?" She spits out before another wave of sobbing starts.

"What? you're not a monster" I say reassuringly, even though I don't understand what she meant.

I sit with her for almost an hour, letting her cry it out. Soon her sobs are reduces to sniffles and hiccups, she looks up at me with a sad smile.

"I missed you" She says, before wrapping her arms around me.

"I missed you too kid"