Chapter 9

Third Person POV

Kit's butler James carefully prepared the suit that his young master was going to wear for the special fundraising event of which he was going to be one of the main speakers this evening.

He made sure that there wasn't a speck of dirt or lint in all areas of his suit as he waited for his young master to finish his shower.

"Thank you, James," Kit said as his butler handed him the suit after Kit had stepped out of the shower.

Then James respectfully bowed and said, "I will be waiting outside your door to see if there's anything else you need for me to do."

Kit's heart was racing as he put on the suit and styled his hair and dabbed his favorite cologne on one side of his neck and on his wrists. He was going to let James be the one to fix his tie.

He couldn't wait for Ming to come and pick him up and be his special escort for this evening's event. He knew that from the first time he had laid his eyes on Ming, that Ming was the life partner he had been looking for. Nobody else would do.

He called out to James and James came in, took one look at his tie that was slightly askew and went to fix it.

"Thank you, James," said Kit as he went to walk towards his study to wait for Ming to come knocking on his study door.

"My pleasure, young master," said James, following close behind.

When it was getting close to seven and Ming had not made his appearance, Kit started to get anxious.

Kit started pacing up and down when it was exactly seven and Ming still had not shown up.

Kit decided to call Mr. Kirakorn. He couldn't afford to be late to the fundraising event. He was going to be the second of three speakers for the event.

Mr. Kirakorn was very apologetic for the tardiness of Ming. He told Kit that Ming had never been late for any appointment before.

James was very sorry to see the intense anxiety on his young master's face. He was not only pacing the floor of his study up and down but was occasionally wringing his hands. Where was that escort of his?

Both James and Kit got startled by the ringing of Kit's phone. Kit took the call. It was a frantic Mr. Kirakorn.

"Mr. Intochar," he said in a very distressed tone, "I can't get hold of Mingkwan! His phone immediately sends me to his voicemail on the first ring! Would you like me to send you a substitute escort?"

"No, Mr. Kirakorn," said Kit, "I'll be fine. I will go to the event by myself."

Again, Mr. Kirakorn was beside himself with profuse apologies. He was going to get to the bottom of Mingkwan's sudden disappearance, even if he himself was going to do the searching. It was so unlikely of him to be a no-call, no-show to his assignment.

Kit told James to have his limousine ready. He was going to the event unescorted. James felt terribly sorry for his young master. He looked so forlorn as he stepped out of his study.

The special fundraising event was one that had been organized by some big names from different industries. They were all strong supporters of the LGBTQ  community. The proceeds from the event would go to seeking approval from law makers for same sex marriage to be made legal.

Not all attendees were necessarily gay. A lot of them were just progressive thinkers who believed that gay people should be given the same rights as everyone else to marry the partner of their choice.

When Kit entered the banquet hall, there were already a lot of attendees sipping champagne and picking at assorted hors d'oeuvres.

A lot of them knew Kit and came forward to greet him. Some looked a little curious at the fact that he had arrived without an escort.

A staff moved forward and motioned for him to be seated at a reserved table for special guests and speakers. A waiter respectfully approached him and offered him a long stemmed glass of champagne.

As he took the first sip, Kit heard a loud applause from the attendees. He turned around and saw that the first of the main speakers had arrived. Kit was going to be the second speaker.

Kit's eyes widened and he started to cough on his champagne when he saw the main speaker being escorted by no other than Mr. Mingkwan Daichapanya.