Chapter 1

Third Person POV

Kit glanced anxiously at his watch as he stepped into the waiting limousine. The driver respectfully held the limousine door open and closed it as soon as his young master had settled himself in the back seat. Then he got behind the wheel and smoothly made his way through the morning traffic of Bangkok's busiest thoroughfare.

Kit went through the business folder lying on his lap, trying not to feel anxious about being late to the important business meeting with potential clients.

As soon as the limousine reached the front of his building, Kit did not wait for his driver to walk around to his side to open his door. He stepped out of the limousine and rushed through the entrance double doors and pressed the elevator button.

When the elevator doors opened he rushed inside and pressed the top button that would bring him to the Executive Lounge of his building where he knew his potential clients would be waiting for him.

The receptionist at the Executive Lounge lobby stood up and bowed respectfully when she saw Kit step out of the elevator. She went to the door of the lounge and held it open for him.

Inside the lounge were three middle aged business executives who stood up and held out their hands to greet him when they saw him come in.

"I'm sorry for making you wait," said Kit, offering his apology as he shook the hand of each gentleman.

"Oh, no, no, don't worry about it, you didn't make us wait too long," said one of them.

"Please sit down, gentlemen," said Kit, as he took a seat for himself at the head of the conference table.

"So, as per our previous phone conversation," Kit continued, "my company will be charging a monthly retainer fee of nine hundred fifty thousand baht for the use of my company limousine. Are you all still in agreement with the fee?"

The three businessmen looked at each other and then the oldest of the three nodded.

"Yes, we are in agreement," said the three in unison.

Kit motioned for his secretary who was standing on one side of the Executive Lounge, to come forward and hand over to him the contract. He signed it at the bottom of the page and then handed it over to the businessman sitting closest to him.

When all three had affixed their signatures to the contract, Kit stood up and shook their hands once more.

"Would you care for some snacks and drinks, gentlemen?" he asked.

"No, thank you, Kit," said the oldest of the three, "we're fine, we have to go back to our company to attend to some other business. We will send over our driver to pick up the limousine from your parking lot."

"Most certainly," said Kit, "your driver can choose any from our fleet in the basement."

After another round of hand shaking, the three businessmen went on their way and Kit made his way to the bar of the Executive Lounge.

"Have you had breakfast yet, sir?" asked his secretary a little anxiously, as she knew it would not be good for her boss to have a drink early in the day without anything in his stomach.

Kit stopped midway to the bar. He was tempted to tell his secretary to leave him alone but he knew that she was just being concerned for him.

"Fine," he said, "bring a grilled cheese sandwich and a glass of orange juice to my office."

"Very well, sir," his secretary said as Kit made his way out of the Executive Lounge and headed for his office."

The rest of his work day was uneventful although busy as usual. Kit was happy to head home by the end of the day.

He was relaxing in his private den watching the news on TV while waiting for dinner to be announced when his butler knocked on the door and announced, "There is a gentleman here to see you, sir, shall I tell him to come in?"