Chapter 25

Third Person POV

"Good morning, this is the Kirakorn Escort Services, how may I help you?"

"Oh, hi, Belle, this is Mingkwan Daichapanya, how are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks for asking, what can I do for you, sir?"

"Oh, I was wondering if Mr. Kirakorn was available to take my call."

"Let me check. Hold on a second, okay?"

"I will."

A few seconds pause ...

"Hey, Mingkwan, how you doin' buddy?"

"I"m doing very well, thank you, sir."

"What can I do for you, Ming?"

"Well, the reason I called ... I was thinking ... I mean ... I just wanted to let you know that I changed my mind about refusing to provide escort services to Mr. Kittinan Intochar."

"Hey, that's great, Ming! What brought about this change of mind?"

"Well ... I was just ... I mean, I was thinking, why ignore a client who pays generously for your services, right?"

"Absolutely! This is wonderful, Ming! I will immediately instruct Belle to put back your name under Mr. Intochar's escort requirements. I will inform him as well that you're available for him."

"Oh, no, no, no, sir, please don't call him. He... he doesn't need to know. If he calls you for escort services then that's the only time you can tell him that you're sending me."

"Very well then, Ming."

"Thank you sir, have a great day."

The wall of Ming's apartment reverberated with the sound of his fist pounding on it.

Ming hated himself, calling himself all kinds of names for making that call. It was totally against his better judgment but he couldn't help himself. He wanted to see Kit again.

Kit's POV

My secretary, Lia, made a face when I asked her to fix me a grilled cheese sandwich and a glass of orange juice upon arriving at my office.

I smiled at her. Although she liked to make a face at me every time I asked her to do things out of her usual duties, she was a loyal secretary and she genuinely liked working for me.

My heart jumped when I saw the pile of letters in my incoming box. The one on the very top of the pile was from the association that was working for legalizing same sex marriage. It was the same association that had invited me to be one of the guest speakers for the fundraising event where that sorry incident with Ming took place.

I opened the letter, with an elevated heart rate.

The fundraising event that had to be postponed that night had now been scheduled for this coming Friday evening.

 I debated whether to call the Kirakorn Escort Agency or not. Would Ming make another no-call, no-show gimmick on me again?

I sorted through the rest of the pile of letters on my desk, still unsure of calling Mr. Kirakorn.

I kept opening each letter but not really reading any of it. I hated himself for being indecisive. I was never indecisive about anything especially when it came to company matters but this ... this matter of hiring Ming to be my escort ... why was I having so much hesitation ... what was I so nervous about ...

I was startled from my thoughts by the entrance of my secretary bearing the small tray of my grilled cheese sandwich and orange juice.

Then I had an idea.

"Thanks, Lia, you're a gem."  I said, as she set the small tray on my desk.

Lia just made another face.

"Hey, Lia," I called out just as my secretary was about to leave my office, "do me a favor and call Mr. Kirakorn for me."

"What should I tell him, sir?" asked Lia.

"Transfer him to me once he's on the line," I said with a determined voice.

I had made up my mind. A wishy-washy Kittinan Intochar was so not me.