Chapter 10

Third Person POV

What happened next looked like it came straight out of a movie or TV drama scene.

Kit found himself standing up from his chair with his champagne glass in hand. With one swift movement he emptied the contents of his champagne glass on Ming's face.

It happened so fast that Ming had no chance to dodge the champagne that splashed on his face.

A collective gasp emanated from the astonished crowd of attendees of the fundraising event.

The main speaker who was being escorted by Ming, finally found his voice, "Mr. Intochar, would you please clue us in as to why you acted the way you did just now?"

"Mr. Kris Perawat, why don't you ask your escort," replied Kit, "I'm sure he would be more than willing to enlighten you."

With those words, Kit turned on his heels and walked out of the hall, leaving a speechless, gaping crowd in his wake.

Ming's POV

I had barely left the building of Mr. Kirakorn's escort agency with Kit's generous check in my hand, when my phone started to ring.

I fished it out of my pocket and saw that it was the Thitipoom escort agency number.

I took the call on the third ring.

"Hi, this is Ming," I said on the phone.

"Hello, sir, this is Nora the secretary of Mr. Thitipoom. Are you available tonight to provide escort services for one of our clients?"

"Yes, I am," I replied, suppressing the twinge of guilt I felt at the thought of Kit waiting for my no-show.

The secretary gave me the name and phone number and also the address of my new client. HIs name was Mr. Kris Perawat.

The secretary explained that Mr. Perawat's partner was not available to escort him tonight because he had a previous commitment.

I assured Nora that I would be at Mr. Perawat's residence at the appointed time.

Mr. Perawat himself greeted me at the door of his luxurious condo unit that was located in one of the more secluded areas of the city.

I held out my hand to him, introducing myself.

"Please just call me Ming," I said.

"And please just call me Kris," he replied.

Kris was a very pleasant and professional guy. He was also very good looking.

He explained to me that his partner was not available to be with him tonight. He did not explain why.

Nora, the secretary of Mr. Thitipoom had also given me only a very general explanation of Mr. Perawat's partner's unavailability.

Kris informed me that he was going to be the main speaker at a fundraising event this evening. He did not give me the details of the event and it didn't really matter to me. I was only going to be present in that event as his escort.

He offered me a drink which I turned down.

He raised his eyebrows so I explained to him that one of the regulations of my agency was the prohibition of drinking any alcohol while on the job.

"That's too bad," Kris commented, "I usually take a few sips of wine to calm my nerves."

"Are you nervous about being a speaker at this event we're attending?" I asked.

"That, and being nervous about meeting you for the first time," he replied.

"Don't be nervous about me," I said, "I don't bite."

"Oh, I'm not worried about that. I can see that you've got a very agreeable personality. I would say that I'm more excited than nervous to show off my trophy escort to tonight's crowd."

"Why, thank you for the compliment," I said, giving him a big smile.

Soon it was time for us to proceed to the event.

There was a big crowd already gathered inside the hall when we walked in.

A staff approached us immediately and showed us the way to our seats.

We had barely reached our table when I felt a cold splash of liquid dousing my face.