Chapter 30

Almost as soon as Kevin had left, they'd come back again, this time with fire. And I blazed like a sun.

***

  The first of three more days. Every few hours the torture was begun again. They brought the poisons. Only the thought of Dean's face kept me from telling everything.

***

  The second day. They were after the wings now. I was down several dozen feathers, and I definitely couldn't fly now. I could only hope that wasn't part of the plan.

***

  They'd stopped putting me back in my cell and simply left me where I stood in their torture chamber, arms chained to the walls, wings held open by hooks hanging from the ceiling. I couldn't lay down, and every breath was agony. But I was almost there. I only needed to survive this day, and tonight I would escape.

  I heard footsteps coming my way and my body flooded with fear. The same man as always appeared around the door, a grin on his lips. I didn't know the man's name, but I'd begun thinking of him as Ripper.

  "What do you think, Cassie? Is today the day?" Ripper asked. I stood as straight as I could and met Ripper's eyes.

  "Fuck off," I said. Ripper chuckled and moved to the furnace in the corner, lighting a fire and placing an iron rod into the flames. I felt my chest tighten at the sight. Ripper walked back over to me and ran his hand over my bare torso, his finger catching on my fresh scars. I hissed in pain.

  "Just tell me, Cassie. Your life will be so much easier. Just tell me what they told you," Ripper crooned. And I wanted to. God help me, I wanted to. But I summoned my courage, took a deep breath, and spoke.

  "They told me... to tell you to fuck off," I repeated. Ripper sighed. 

  "I see. Well, I suppose you know the drill now, don't you, Cassie? You know what happens next," he said. I did. 

***

  I couldn't see the sun in that room, but as far as I could tell, it was almost over. I was about to go home. Ripper had left a few minutes ago after another fruitless attempt to get me to talk, and I began hearing footsteps again. Please be Kevin, please god let that be Kevin... But the person who turned the corner was the king, and he looked furious. 

  "What are you doing here?" I asked. I hadn't seen the king since the first day. 

  "You son of a bitch," the king hissed. "This is what you knew, wasn't it? This was it! Well, you didn't tell, and now you get to pay the price." I tensed up, scared to death that we'd been discovered. As soon as the king raised his sword, my fear shifted.

  "Wait-" but before I could say anything, the king brought his blade down. My breath halted in my throat, but the blade merely went through the chains holding my wings open. The king threw his sword against the wall and began unchaining my hands.

  "You're going to regret everything that ever led you here. By the time I'm done with you, Castiel, you will curse the Winchester name," the king spat, pulling me out of the room and down the hall. This should have been my chance, but even if I was strong enough to fight, I was still locked in shock. I could hear blood falling onto the stones behind me and each drop echoed in my ears. As we walked, I began to see bodies lying in the hallways, and then the king pulled me into the throne room, and my legs stopped working.

  There were bodies everywhere. It was carnage. Where is Kevin? And then I saw him. I bent forward and vomited on the floor. Kevin was lying by the throne, his eyes burned out of his head. The king pulled me toward Kevin's body.

  "No... No, no, no," I babbled, tears racing down my cheeks.

  "This is what you and your friends the Winchesters have wrought," the king said, holding me in front of Kevin's body.

  "You are more powerful than I thought, I must admit. Even my most devoted has abandoned me after contact with you. She fled this morning, I hear. But did you know she was mine?" My heart twisted.

  "What are you talking about?" I closed my eyes tightly, unable to look at Kevin anymore. Would he have died if I hadn't been here?

  "Meg. She was mine. Why do you think you're here, Castiel?" My eyes popped open in shock and my heart dropped.

  "No... You're lying," I gasped.

  "This is the destruction you have wrought, Castiel, and I intend to make you pay for it," the king said. Then he began pulling me back out of the throne room. My head was reeling. Kevin, dead, Meg, a traitor, and no hope of escape. This couldn't be happening. It was all a bad dream, and I'd wake up soon. I had to.

  Suddenly we emerged into a courtyard and were bathed in the sound of battle. I forced myself to focus and realized that the battle was still going on. If I could just get free...

  "Cas!" My head whipped around, and there he was, fighting to get through as I was dragged away.

  "Dean!" I screamed, throwing all my remaining strength into getting away from the king and making it to Dean, who was still screaming my name. The king stopped when I began fighting and struggled with me before managing to punch me in the face so hard I fell over. I tried to stand up immediately, but the king grabbed me again. Dean was still trying to fight his way to me, but the guards and soldiers of Hallas were rallying to their king, and for every person Dean slew, two more appeared to keep him away from me.

  "Dean!" I screamed again as the king began dragging me away. I still tried to struggle away, but by now I was much too weak to get away. The king picked up a dropped sword and slammed the hilt down onto my head. The world began to go dark, still filled with Dean's screams.

  When I awoke, I was in a room so dark I couldn't see anything. For a moment I hoped that I'd been rescued, but I wouldn't be on the floor of a dark room if that were the case. My heart sank. My fate was in my own hands now, and I had no idea what to do with it. I could only wait for a plan to present itself to me, and who knew what could happen in the mean time.

  As if summoned by my thoughts, a door swung open in front of me and light poured in, streaming around the figures of the king and, standing behind him, Ripper. Ripper stepped around the king and pulled me to my feet.

  "Are you ready, Cassie?" Ripper crooned. "It's time for us to have a little fun."

The end

Okay so before you light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks, there's going to be a sequel. That's the good news. The bad news is that it's all from Dean's point of view so you won't know what happens to Cas until he does. Oops... Anyway, It's called Forever, and I'll get it out as soon as I can. In the mean time, I hope you enjoyed this book! Even if I was mean xD