1.Roman

"Morning Bitches! No, don't bow. I know I'm perfect but you don't have to." I yelled out as I popped up seeing Thomas and the others chatting. "Now that best side has arrived..."

"Can it, Princy." I narrowed my eyes as Anxiety shoved me out of his way causing me to stumble. I straightened myself out and crossed my arms in a pout.

"Well, hello to you too, Emo Nightmare." He flipped me off and I stuck my tongue out at him. "Hands off the clothes. Do you think I just wake up looking this beautiful? I mean I do but..."

"Seriously guys?" Thomas looked between us and I smiled brightly. I'm not the bad guy here. I did nothing wrong. Meanwhile, Anx cowered underneath Thomas's gaze. Proof enough that even he knows it's all his fault. "So about tonight..."

"We're a bit busy, kiddo." I looked around in confusion and Logan sighed. I obviously forgot something. "You know every few weeks there's this party."

"Wait, you were being serious?" Thomas looked around and everyone nodded even Anxiety. 

"It's mandatory." Anx groaned out as he hugged himself a little tighter. "All the characters and sides are required to participate."

"It's fun!" Patton jumped up beaming and I saw Anx shoot him his irritated expression. 

"It's pointless."

"It's a way to allow for some much-needed rest from the stressful job of keeping Thomas in check. Whilst also giving us the means to interact with our fellow sides and characters, so that we may be able to do our job more efficiently." Logan straightened his tie and Patton smiled.

"And it's fun!" Patton yelled again and I just laughed as Anx sunk down obviously tired of us already. What is his problem anyway? 

"So, you're all going to this party?" I glanced over at Thomas as he rubbed his arms awkwardly.

"Well, of course. It wouldn't be a party without me there. Technically though, We all have to... although Anxiety somehow always manages to worm his way out of it." They all looked at me in confusion and I crossed my arms.

"What makes you think that?" Thomas asked as I rolled my eyes.

"I never see him there..."

"Roman, it is a masquerade party. You never know who you're talking to." I scoffed and brushed my hair back slightly sassy.

"A flimsy partial mask doesn't hide who you are, Logan. I can always tell. Then again I am the best." And with that, I left. It was tiring. They talk about those silly masks like they actually do anything. A real mask is something you put on all the time, not just for some party. It doesn't hide your face. It's doesn't change how you look. It's an act. A part you play. Everyone knows that. 

I walked into my room and just collapsed on the floor, already drained. I looked up at my ceiling and laughed at myself. Look yourself, Roman. You're a complete mess! Anxiety would laugh. Not even Deceit could compliment me right now. Get up, Roman. You are a prince. Show them that. Show them... Show...

"Roman?" I turned and frowned as someone knocked on my door. I got up and brushed myself off, putting on that bright smile that I always seem to have as I opened the door to reveal a worried Patton. "The parties in a few. You've been in you're room for a while, I just wanted to make sure everything is ok."

"Really? I must have lost track of the time. I've been so busy." His eyes darkened and I looked away. "As the most important side, I just have so much to do for Thomas. I would've worked right through the party."

"Roman..."

"To think they would've gone right through it, never having seen me once. The horror."

"Roman!" I jumped slightly and looked over to see Patton with a sad smile. "It's ok, you know."

"Whatever do you mean?" I beamed and he just sighed. "Patton?"

"Do you know the purpose of a mask, Roman?" My smile fell and I looked away as Patton just stood there waiting. "It's a costume... a disguise. It's a way to be someone entirely new. And it can take many different forms, whether it's figurative..." He pulled out this beautiful and ornate masquerade mask and I shot him a look of confusion. "... or a physical one."

"I don't..." He shook his head and smiled.

"I know you have one... and I know you wear two. Why not trade them both for this one and give yourself a reason..." I looked down and felt my walls start to crumble. "... to be someone else. To be the real you without fear. Without worrying about others eyes."

"Patt..."

"All they'll see is the mask. Not what's underneath. Trust me kiddo." He turned and left leaving me alone with my thoughts and I frowned. I rolled my eyes and tossed the mask onto the bed, leaning against the door as it closed. I glanced at the clock and sighed. Patton wasn't kidding. It really was almost time. I was just sitting there for hours unaware, lost in thought. I guess that's what happens when you finally forget the mask for a bit. Masks... You're never without on here. 

I opened my wardrobe and raised an eyebrow at everything. Patton wanted me to put the prince persona away. But... I felt safe with my prince persona. I am a prince. I am powerful. I am loved and... I am scared... huh.

I pulled out a suit and smiled. It was an older one of mine, without all the gold and red that I added. It was just a plain and simple suit. I walked over to the mirror and smiled. I changed out of my Prince outfit and just stood there staring at myself in the mirror, having put on the other one. I left the jacket and kept the white dress shirt partly unbuttoned revealing a bright red shirt underneath with the black dress pants being a stark difference in color.

"The real me huh?" I grabbed the mask and put it on. How would people not know it's me? A mask doesn't change who you are. All it does is cover the eyes, and you can still see them. "Whatever... I still have to go regardless."