Chapter 4 - Percy commits vandalism ft. an owl [REVISED].

[REVISED]

────── 〔✿〕──────

First Day at Hogwart.

Monday, September 1st, 2011.

Piper's body jerks up in her bed, her skin covered with goosebumps. Her eyes scan the room and, satisfied that she won't be attacked, lets out a shuddering breath. 

 Beside her, snug under the comfort of her blanket, rests Hazel who's facing the opposite of Piper. Piper looks up, eyes narrowing, unable to see past the bed because of the darkness.

Rubbing her temple, Piper swings her feet over the side of the bed, feet touching the cool floor, sending shivers down Piper's spine. Flashes of her dream come back to her, claws at her throat, a witch's hand on her forearm, a look of worry on her face. Piper sucks in a breath and winces, mind racing after the memory of her dream. Alas, her mind is like a blanket of fog, her mind grasping at strings. 

Piper gets to her feet, the cold floor creaking under her weight. It's probably nothing important then. 

The thought rests uneasily in her mind. 

What woke her up? 

Looking around, her eyes land on the clock on the counter between the two beds.

She steps towards it, the glow of the number blinding her. Putting her hands up to shield herself, she spies the number through her fingers. 

7:00 AM. 

"I guess I should be getting ready," Piper whispers to herself. As she turns away, she catches the smell of smoke.

Eyebrows raising in surprise, Piper turns to face the window, eyes latching onto the light streaming through the curtain. Piper hesitates for a minute before lightly making her way towards the window, the floor creaking under her.

She moves the curtain away and immediately, light erupts into the room, temporarily blinding her. Behind her, she hears Hazel groan. Piper's vision returns a second later and she blinks away the tiny dots across her vision. Piper's eyes narrow onto the streets of Diagon Alley.

Her eyes follow the movement of a small crowd up until she sees a fire overtaking a crumbling building. Her eyes follow the fire, which turns to smoke that covers the sky. 

"Pipes?" She hears Jason's groggy voice come from behind her. 

Piper jumps and spins around, the curtain returning to its place.

 "Yeah?"

"What're you doing?"

"Getting ready," Piper says. 

"It's 7:00."

Jason doesn't respond so Piper believes that he's satisfied. Now facing the darkness, she starts to stumble through the room, unable to see anything after looking at the blinding light outside. Piper hits something hard and Piper looks down, her eyes following the outline of a suitcase.

 She looks behind her to see Hazel's suitcase propped against the bed.

Okay, so this one over here is mine.

Reaching down, her fingers find the zipper and she gives a slight tug. The zipper doesn't move. As she grabs the zipper once more, she hears a crash, followed by an 'ow' coming from the hallway.