When they're jealous (Eugene)

Dust particles danced inside the beams of light stretching into the room. Distractions were inevitable in your eyes since Eugene was later than usual. Your hands rested on the piano keys, hovering lightly in order to avoid playing. After the stray hair you had been keenly watching flew into the shadows and out of sight you decided to return to reality. Giving an unintentional sigh you looked at your watch. Fifteen minutes, Eugene you are going to need a good explanation.
    Shaking your body hoping to roll the thought off your back you prepared to play. It was a simple tune to get you started, but there was beauty in the simplicity of it and that let it become your favorite play without a doubt. A sour chord jolted out of the grand piano when someone began clapping behind your unaware person.

"Eugene, I swear if you were late again because- oh sorry you're not Eugene."

"Heh. Yeah that I am not, but you play so spiritually involved I couldn't help watching, sorry if that all gave you a stir. I'd prefer to not make you uncomfortable, though if you don't mind I could keep you company until your friend shows up?" The statement sounded more like a question and so you nodded your head, relaxed to realize it was the boy you've known since grade one.

"Nick, you're never a bother and you know that." You patted the bench next to you and he happily obliged to sitting down. "So how have you been recently?"

"As good as it gets actually! Leslie and I have been getting closer and so I'm super excited. What about you?"

You couldn't stop how happy you were in that moment, "I finally cracked Eugene on the PDA thing so now I get to shower him in subtle affection as much as I want in front of anyone! Gosh, the boy is so stubborn, but you can't help who you love and my heart is abundant for that cutie." Unbeknownst to you Eugene stood behind the music room doorway.

  He had just finally arrived in a huffing mess, but when he heard you speaking with someone curiosity got the best of him. The grin planted on his face faded as quickly as it arrived when he saw Nick's arm wrap around your shoulder.

"Hey (y/n), can you show me how to play the right hand part of that song; even if I know I'll never be able to play it as majestically as you." A flush, that was overly apparent to Eugene, spread over your features as you sheepishly said a 'thank you and sure.'

   Eugene didn't know exactly why his chest felt like it was bubbling with anger by each passing second, but the flirting that was continuously coming from Nick gave him a faint idea. Once you rested your hand over Nick's for a second to adjust his position he couldn't stay still any longer. He might as well have kicked open the door with the force he applied, thankfully the doors were spring-loaded so it didn't hit the wall and surely slowed after a couple of seconds.

"What's going on here?" He spoke obviously irritated, but never raised his voice, it was more of a pout than anything.

"I think that's my cue to go, I'll see you at grandma's birthday party, (y/n)." As Nick awkwardly fast-walked past, a sharp click left Eugene's tongue.

You approached his tall stance and reached out pinching his cheeks, "What's the issue? Is my big baby upset after showing up twenty minutes late?" His cheeks were covered in a rosy-pink from those few words, but lightly swatted away your small hands.

"No, I'm upset because when I do arrive I see my girlfriend playing it up with another guy." He averted your gaze and you decided to, though you usually weren't so mean, you'd tease him this time.

"Well, seeing as how this is the fourth time this week you've showed up late I decided to make Nick my stand-in boyfriend for the time being." You snickered at Eugene's wide eyes. "Yeah I thought he'd be the perfect candidate. Handsome, tall, and most importantly into other guys. I'm sure his boyfriend, Leslie, would love to hear the news." Eugene must have choked on his own spit at this point as he hunched over for a moment.

"I-I thought..."

"Yeah, you jumped to conclusions. I'm not an oblivious idiot and I shut down anyone else's advances because I only love you, idiot. You should know that by now, but I had to take the opportunity to mess with you because you were late again."

   He let an apology out while he interlaced your fingers and pulled you onto the bench with him. "I'm usually not the jealous type, you know I trust you. I think I'm just having an off day, I truly am sorry, babe. Forgive me?" You could see the sincerity in his eyes as his cheeks were still slightly puffed.

"If you tell me why you've been so late recently."

"Oh I-I...uh..I took dance as my elective for last block and have been spending extra time after class since I'm probably the worst dancer in history. I wanted it to be a surprise for you at the prom." Before you could poke fun you felt yourself lifted into his lap.
Hiding his face into your hair you felt his voice vibrate on the back of your neck. "So does this mean you forgive me?"

"Of course, but how come you are so cute and good to me that I can't stay mad?" You turned your face to his and saw an all too familiar cocky expression.

"I think I'm just a natural at it honestly. Maybe the gods just put a bit too much talent into the bowl when they made me." You scoffed in response.

Wanting to wipe the smirk off his face you pressed your lips to his. You felt him sink into the kiss, his features softening and you decided it was time to pull away. "Ha, but I thought you just said you couldn't dance." With that you found yourself facing the piano again, his hands on top of yours.

"Pfff. You were playing one of the chords wrong earlier, let me show you how to fix it." You tried stifling your laugh to no avail.

   The rest of the practice time you had left you spent in his lap playing through the songs you'd been learning for an upcoming talent show. The hairs on your neck rose every time you heard his soft hums and felt his hot breath brushing the bare skin. After calling it quits for the day the two of you walked hand-in-hand down to the cat cafe to get your favorite drinks.

~

[Jealous scenarios are like a rough time to write without making them sound similar lolol]