Chapter 26

It has been almost a week since my beating by Marcus. That night I fluttered in and out of consciousness, each time I opened my eyes Tris was awake, caressing my cheek, reassuring me everything was ok. I had a hard time looking her in the eyes, ashamed not only for the coward I had been, but also for the fact Tris was left to care for me after.

I built my strength back up with each day that passed. Tris insisted on caring for my wounds even after I felt capable, her touch was so nurturing and gentle though, I couldn't help but take comfort in it. She took it upon herself to make arrangements with Zeke to cover my shifts in the control room so I could rest. There is no doubt in my mind, I love this woman, and as long as she will have me, I have every intention of making her mine completely.

Tris started her occupation training this week, she comes home excited each day, feeling like a true member. I smile and listen attentively to her tell me about her day, remembering what it felt like not that long ago.

I smile when I hear the apartment door opening, I've missed her. "Hey, you're up. Are you feeling better?" Her presence suddenly clouds my senses, all but one that is.

"Much." My voice is lustful as I pull her into my arms. My memory of seeing her fully bare causes my pants to become suddenly too tight. I press my mouth to hers firmly, pulling her flush against me.

"Mmm, I can tell." She murmurs against my lips. I let out a groan when her tongue touches mine, my hands traveling down her sides to her ass. "What about dinner?"

"It can wait. I mean, if that is okay with you?" I don't hear any objections, she sighs into my mouth before tangling her hand in the back of my hair pulling me down closer to her.

I walk us backwards toward the bed, not wanting to break this kiss. When my legs hit the edge I turn us around, laying Tris down on the bed before hovering over. Our tongues begin a swirl of passion that sends fire through my entire body.

I move my mouth to her neck, sucking the sensitive flesh at her pulse point. "I've missed this." My voice husky.

"Hmmm, I'm not convinced." I take her words as a challenge, guiding her hand to my hardened length. She lets out a slight gasp.

"Are you convinced now?" I don't give her a chance to answer, my mouth greedily consumes her lips, my tongue pushed hard against hers. I prop myself up on one arm, freeing a hand to begin pulling her top up. "Let me know if I go too fast or too far, okay?" She nods eagerly. I sit up onto my knees, pulling her up with me so I can pull her shirt up over her head.

I am panting in anticipation of seeing her. Without hesitation I use both hands to unclasp her bra, this time only taking two try's. Tris responds in pulling my shirt up, taking care not to let it drag up my back that is still tender. I sit back, taking her body in with my eyes before moving my mouth to drag kisses across her chest down towards her breast taking turns sucking each nipple.

"So sexy." I pant against her breast before devouring it again. It's a term I usually wouldn't use, but given that Tris had any doubt at all that I am sexually attracted to her, I want to make damn sure she knows now. I push her down into the mattress, dragging my lips and tongue over her breast onto her stomach, trailing kisses above her waistband.

"Tris, I want to do something new. Something to show you how much I want you. You can stop me if you don't like it." I glance up at her looking for approval, she shyly nods before I begin pulling her pants down, taking her underwear with them. I sit back up, gazing over her entire bare body, I am painfully hard and for a moment consider what it would feel like to be inside her.

"Tris....." I pant, I don't even have words for how beautiful she looks. I trace her jaw with my finger tips, letting them travel down her neck, stopping on her breast, thoroughly massaging both before moving down towards her navel stopping right above her pubic region. "Is this okay Tris?"