"Mason?" I asked, confused as to where he was. And almost right on que, I saw his hand grab onto one of the rocks.

"A little help!" He yelled, panting as Corey helped pull him up. "Oh my, this is why I never go hiking with you Liam. Or do anything that involves going outside."

"Last time we went outside and actually did something physically was when we were 10." I told him, rolling my eyes as we sat down.

"Don't forget about that run we went on a couple year back, when you got taken and thrown into a well." He corrected me, sitting opposite from me.

"Mason we were running for about five minutes!" I yelled, laughing as I remembered that day.

He rolled his eyes and turned to Corey to have another conversation. I looked over at Theo and smiled as he sat there, confused as to what we were talking about. I grabbed a plate and put on some fruit, putting it in between Theo and I to share.

We all sat in a circle, eating and catching up with each others lives. Nothing much had changed with mine and Theo's life, but there seemed to be quiet a bit going on with Mason and Corey's.

They both moved out of their parents place and are now living together, they've both been accepted at the same college and they're adopting a dog in the next few weeks, so they basically have everything planned. Whereas Theo and I have nothing planned. I mean, I guess you could we basically live together, but then again we really don't. I just spend most nights there and have some clothes there and the same goes for him. He sometimes stays with me and my parents and has some clothes lying around.

"So do you guys know what you're doing after you graduate?" Mason asked us, taking a bit of his sandwich.

"We both want to go to college," Theo said, nodding his head slowly. "Just, different ones though. I want to go to a French college or somewhere in Australia, but Liam doesn't want to travel that far."

"It's not that I don't want to travel that far, it's just I don't see the point. I don't see the point in travelling so far to go to a stupid freaking college when everyone and everything that I love lives right here. Because I sure as hell am not leaving them or moving away from my home!" I yelled, getting slightly more aggressive then I intended to.

Everyone went silent for a couple minutes. There was the occasional throat clearing and chewing from Mason, but everyone else was silent. I could see Mason and Corey death staring each other, shrugging their shoulders every once in awhile.

"So we were thinking about getting a pug," Mason broke the silence, awkwardly smiling as he did so.

"And we were thinking of naming it, Doug!" Corey chimed in, furrowing his eyebrows as he did so. "I just realised how stupid that sounds. Doug the pug."

"Hey I came up with that and that is going to be an Instagram famous name." Mason said, scrunching up his nose.

I shook my head slightly and laughed. Out of all the people in the world, this is the one person I chose to call my best friend. I don't have any regrets and I wouldn't change him for anyone in the world, but sometimes it's hard to believe that I call him my best friend.

"No, that sounds like a brilliant idea." I laughed, looking at Theo as I did so.

Mason and Corey looked at each other again, nodding as they did so. "We need to go and... check our phones. Where there's reception. Which is far from here." Corey said, standing up and walking off with Mason.

Theo looked watched them walk off, looking at me when they were no where in sight anymore. I looked at him and then straight down to the ground, hiding how hurt I was feeling. I want him to go to college and achieve his goals, but I don't want him to leave me. Not for good this time.

"Something you want to talk to me about?" He asked me, placing his hand on my knee.

I looked up at him and shook my head, not sure as to what I would say anyway. I know that he is my boyfriend and we have a say in each others lives, but I cant tell him to stay. I can't ruin this opportunity for him and I can't risk him staying here just for me. Not when he has a whole life out there waiting for him.

"No, I know why you are and I want you to go. I mean, I don't want you to go but you need to." I told him, smiling as I rested my head in his lap.

He looked down at me, tracing his hand around my face, making me close my eyes. I felt his hand trace circles around my cheeks, making me slightly smile as he did so.

"I may be leaving, but I would never leave you for good. I will always come back to you and that is a promise," he whispered, kissing my forehead.

I opened my eyes instantly, only just realising that I was crying. He wiped away my tears with his thumb, placing his hand on my chest as he did so. I could see he was just as hurt as I was, but he hid it a lot better than me.

"I know, you always do." I laughed, holding his hand.

"And I will always love you, with all of my heart." He looked down on me, smiling as his tears finally escaped his eyes.

I reached up to his neck, pulling his down to connected our lips. He quickly pulled away, wiping his tears as he heard Mason and Corey approaching. I did the same, quickly sitting up and wiping away my tears. It's not that I don't want them knowing that I was crying, I just don't want them to know about me and Theo. Not yet anyways.

"The suns starting to set, do you think we should head back to camp?" Mason asked, pointing at the sun.

I cleared my throat, looking over at Theo. "Yeah, we were just about to come and look for you."

"Yeah, we thought we were gonna have to leave you. Didn't want to be stuck out here in the dark," Theo laughed, grabbing the picnic basket.

I started walking down the rocks, heading back towards camp. And the whole time we were walking, I could only think about one thing. College.