Chapter 1

I walked into class that day, not knowing what was going to happen. Not knowing if it was going to be a good or bad day, but I had a feeling it was going to be a good day. I walked into class and saw her, Hayden Romero. The one girl who has never shown any interest in me, even though I've tried to get her to pay some attention to me.

"Get over her, dude." I heard Mason say. "She isn't worth it."

Mason's my best friend and he's always really supportive over my decisions, except this one. He thinks Hayden is a waste of time and I deserve better. And I also agree, but I can't get over her. There's just something about her, that's so attractive.

"She is worth it though. She might not be into me yet, but I'll make her." I told Mason, making him shake his head and roll his eyes.

"Whatever you say." He laughed and sat in his usual seat, right next to me.

During most classes, everyone sits in the same seat. I normally sit next to the window, so I can daydream easily. I can just stare out into the school yard and think about whatever I want. I sat down and notice something different about the classroom. No one was talking, but they were all looking at something. Even Mason was.

When I looked in the direction everyone else was, I saw why they all looked so shocked. There was a new kid, and everyone wants to be friends with the new kid.

"Class, this is our new student, Theo Raeken. Make sure you show him around and make him feel welcomed." And then, Mrs. Finch went back to the white board and started writing down pointless, worthless stuff that we most likely won't need when we're older.

"This seats free, you can sit here." I heard her dreamy, calming voice and looked at her. "My names Hayden. I'll show you around during breaks and introduce you to everyone." She smiled and I fell in love all over again.

I look up at Theo and shot him a dirty, death stare. He's been here no longer than five minutes, and already has Hayden falling for him.

"He's pretty hot." Mason said, nudging my shoulder and snapping me out of my thoughts. "You good?"

"Yea, I'm fine." I clenched my jaw and tried to force a smile, but I couldn't. "Tell me how he's been here no longer than five minutes, and already has Hayden falling for him. I've been here five months and she still doesn't want anything to do with me." I sighed and looked outside, trying to forget about Hayden and Theo.

"Look, I promised you that I would always be honest with you, so here it is. You and Hayden are never going to be a couple, so move on Liam. Find someone new and live a better life. Hayden doesn't deserve you and she'll realise who she's lost." He told me, making me smile, but it was a sad smile.

Mason just made me realise that I should move on. Maybe find someone new and try to start something with them. Or maybe just be single and die alone.

"And Liam, new kid keeps looking at you." Mason told me, making me look at Theo.

He was staring at me, even though I caught him. He didn't look away or pretend he wasn't looking at me. It was almost like he wanted me to catch him.

He smiled and looked back at the front, leaving me confused about what just happened. I looked at Mason and shrugged, making him smile and then I look back at Theo. Waiting for him to turn back around, but he never did.