Chapter 26

2 weeks later:
Ever since that night, I haven't seen or heard from Theo. It's like he wasn't never, and he's just disappeared. I mean, I'm guessing he doesn't want to be found, but I can't deal with that. I need to know where he is, so I know he's safe. I can't deal with not knowing where he is, not knowing if he's safe or in danger.

I know that he can protect himself, but after seeing what he was like in the tunnels. He was a complete mess, and for all I know, he could be with the hunters right now. They could have Theo captured, and I wouldn't even know. I took a deep breath in, and looked into Hayden's eyes.

"So, you've heard absolutely nothing?" I asked her, desperation in my voice.

"No, he hasn't spoken to me for awhile." She told me, leaning in closer to me. "Why, is he in trouble?"

"I don't know, but I thought he would've texted or spoken to you." I told her, shaking my head, starting from square one. "You know, considering you were his best friend."

I gave her a quick kiss on the lips, and starting making my way to my first period. I had maths first up, and I know a couple people in there knew Theo. I don't know if they were friends with him, but I've seen them talking to him.

Theo was only at this school for about five days, so no one really knows him. Well everyone knows him, thanks to Hayden, but no one was his friend. Hayden and I, were the only friends he had. I looked around the hallways, and noticed someone that I completely forgot about.

"Hey, Jessica!" I yelled out, pushing passed everyone, making my way towards her. "Jessica, please this is important! Please, it's about Theo!" I yelled out, watching as she stopped when I mentioned his name.

"What about him?" She asked me, looking down at her nails. "What does he want?"

"He doesn't want anything, I was just wondering if you've heard from him. Or even seen him, in the passed two weeks." I asked her, trying my best to sound calm.

"About a week ago, he came to my place. He spent the night, but then he was gone the next morning. I haven't heard from him since." She told me, making my heart drop down into my stomach.

"Did he mention where he was going? Did he mention anyone?" I asked her, hope in my eyes.

"He talked about you a lot, and then he was talking about a massive mistake he made." She told me, looking into my eyes and smiling. "He liked you, didn't he?"

I slowly nodded, and looked down to the ground, remembering everything about that night. I should of picked up on it, but I was just to concentrated on finding the hunters, that I didn't even pay any sort of attention to, Theo.

"He mentioned something about his favourite place, he said he was going to spend a couple days there." She looked me in the eyes, for the first time ever. "Said, he goes there quiet often."

"Thanks." I whispered, walking passed her and going to my first class.

I sat down in my usual spot, and stared out into the school yard. I thought about what Jessica said, and it got me thinking about all the places Theo likes to go to. We never really spoke about that stuff, but then again, he would always drop hints.

The night that we were out in the woods, he told me about his safe place. He goes there to clear his mind, and to relax. He never told me where it was, but it sounded peaceful, isolated from the world. He would tell me how you could hear the water flowing down the stream, and the birds chirping, the trees swaying the wind, so it has to be near a river.

I quickly got out of my seat and ran back into the hallway, ignoring my teacher yelling out my name. I would explain to her what I'm doing, but I don't have time to explain and I can't be bothered explaining why I need to do it now.

I pulled out my phone and dialled in Theo's number, putting the phone to my ear and listening to it as it rung. As soon as I put it up to my ear, it was already at voicemail. Theo has either blocked my number, or turned off his phone. I put my phone back in my pocket, and shook my head, unsure of what to do.

I don't want to go back to class, because I don't know how to act. I want to act happy, and make it look like nothings wrong, but I can't pretend anymore. Everything in my life is going downhill, and now I've lost the one person I never knew I needed so much.

I continued to walk out of school, thinking of where I wanted to go. I can always go home, considering our new house is only ten minutes down the road. I could also go for a walk around, and see what's around our house. See what shops are around, or see what there is to do. I kicked a pile of rocks, as I walked over them, thinking about where to go.

I pulled back out my phone and checked to see if I had any new messages, not surprised when there was nothing there. I looked up at the road ahead of me, and noticed all the trees around me. I stopped right in the middle of the road, and stared out into the trees. Remembering, thinking, about the time Theo and I where in the woods. The night I found out he was a werewolf, and then night that we made a real connection.

A connection I've never felt before, and now that it's gone, apart of me is also gone. I smiled, and starting making my way towards the woods, trying to find that part of me. The part of me that Theo filled in, the part that is lost.

I walked up the small hill, and grabbed onto a tree branch, finding my balance. I let go of the tree, and slid down the hill, smiling as I stumbled at the bottom.

"Here we go." I whispered to myself, walking out into the woods and taking in the scenery. It wasn't as nice as that night, but it's still beautiful.

I started walking deeper into the woods, losing all the thoughts I had. Only focussing on what was around me, and it was refreshing. It made me feel free, and whole again. I didn't have Theo on my mind, the hunters, everything that's going wrong, I had absolutely nothing on my mind.

I smiled, and looked down to the ground, looking at all the dried up leaves. I grabbed a handful and threw them up in the air, watching as they all fell down. It wasn't anything like the movies, so it was slightly disappointing. I shrugged my shoulders, and turned around quickly, not paying any attention to my surroundings.

I felt a sharp pain in my right foot, and then next minute, I was on the ground. I gasp in pain, and looked down at my foot, realising I tripped over a rock.

"Stupid, piece of shit!" I yelled, kicking the rock and sitting up. I pulled up my pants, and picked out the broken stick in my leg. "If he had just stayed, I wouldn't be in this freaking position." I whispered, angrily, placing my hand in my hands.

"Why did you leave? Why did you leave me, without saying goodbye?" I asked myself, as I thought about Theo. I bit down on my bottom lip hard, trying to fit the urge to cry.

I rubbed the back of my neck, and just let go. I let the tears stream down my face, and I let the screams out, trying to understand why he left me. Why he fell in love with me, and why he had to leave because of that. I sat there, and continued to scream and cry, as I thought about how he could do any of that to me.

How he didn't give me a chance to say anything back.