Chapter 52

I slowly stood up, looking at Theo. Everything still hasn't hit me, so I slow my breathing. Theo was just hit by a car and now he isn't moving, but surely he's going to be ok. I mean he'll heal. He's to strong to go out like this.

I want to go and run over to him, but I can't move. I can't move a single muscle and it's killing me. I mentally scream at myself to move, but nothing happens. I try to slow down my breathing, so I can concentrate and actually process what's just happened. I looked down towards Theo and see that he's still not moving.

I can't even see his chest rising and falling, and that's the scariest part of it all. I manage to slow down my breathing to a normal pace. I shook my head and ran over to Theo, relived that I could move again. Once I got to him, I dropped down onto my knees and grabbed his shoulder. I closed my eyes and rolled him over, opening up my eyes and forcing the tears back.

"Does that count as taking a bullet for you?" Theo asked him, his voice raspy.

"You're ok!" I yelled, grabbing both of his shoulders and bringing him up into a sitting position.

I wrapped my arms around him and held him close to me. I took a shaky breath out and ran my hand through his hair.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just really sore." He laughed, groaning as he touched his ribs.

I pulled up his shirt and saw the bruises around his ribs, indicating that they were broken. I didn't panic or freak out, because I know they'll heal. I've had broken ribs plenty of times and as much as they hurt, they do heal. It just takes more time than other bones.

"Did you see who was in the car?" He asked me, pulling his shirt back down. "Because whoever it was. They defiantly wanted one of youse dead." Theo stated, pointing to Nolan and I.

"I have an idea of who it could be. I mean, there's no way he could of found out. I kept all of this a secret and made sure I covered all my tracks." Nolan started explaining to us, having a pretty good idea of who it could be.

"Clearly you didn't cover up all of your tracks." Theo interrupted, pointing to his broken ribs.

"Gabe. He's the only one that would have suspicions and the only one who would follow me and do something like this." As soon as Nolan said his name, my blood started to boil.

If Gabe is responsible for doing this to Theo, I will make him pay. He can torture me and run over me, all he wants. But when it comes to Theo and doing that to him. I will not allow that to happen.

"If he has figured it out, I need to make it look like I'm still on their side. If the hunters think I'm working with youse, we're all dead. They'll kill me on the spot." I can hear the fear in Nolan's voice and I honestly don't blame him for being scared.

He should be scared. I've seen what these people are like and if they're willing to kill anyone supernatural, what's stopping them from killing people who are trying to help the supernatural. People like Chris, Nolan, Mason and Hayden. What's stopping them from getting hurt?

"Do you have a plan?" I asked him, hoping we wouldn't have to come up with another one.

I was waiting for Nolan to say something, but before he time to say anything, car lights shone on all of us. I let out a low growl and rolled my eyes, waiting to see who was in the car. I looked at Theo and waited for the car to get closer.

As it got closer though and the light got brighter, it sped up just like before. I looked at Theo again and my eyes shot opened. I watched as the car got closer and both of us just stood there, frozen in our places. I shook the thought aside and ran over to him, grabbing his arm and pulling him onto the sidewalk.

I watched as the car sped passed us, and as soon as I saw who it was. My blood started to boil. I let out a soft sigh and looked at Nolan.

"Gabe." I whispered, watching as the car came to a sudden stop.

I could see Gabe's reflection in the mirror and it made me even more angry. I want to run over to him and do what he did to Theo, but I can't lose control like that. Not when we need Nolan on our side.

I watched as the car started to reverse, coming straight back at us. I rolled my eyes and watched as soon as he pulled up in front of us, he had a gun to my head.

"What are you doing Gabe?" Nolan asked him, surprising both Theo and I. "I know we're apart of the hunters, but we don't need to be exactly like them. We only have to kill the guilty ones."

"They've already turned you against us. You think they're the good guys here? Their kind have killed thousands of us. The supernatural is responsible for thousands of deaths all around the world. They're all the same." Gabe told Nolan, looking me dead in the eye.

I heard the gun click and I already know what happens next. I get shot and I either die or just get seriously injured. It's already happened far to many times for me to not know what's happening.

"Gabe, just listen to me. Please. I know we didn't meet on the best of terms, but we're not all like that. Some of us are good and we've also saved thousands of people from dying. I don't know what's cause this much hatred on our kind, but not all of us are bad. Liam. He's one of the innocent ones. He just wants to help keep people safe. Me on the other hand. The night I beat you. I wanted to kill you." As soon as Theo said that, I knew he was lying.

Not just because I know he's a good guy and would never be about to take someone's life. But his heart also jumped a beat. I wanted to ask him what he was doing, but then he continued to speak.

"So if you're going to shoot anyone. Make that someone me. Liam doesn't deserve to die. I do." I looked at him confused. "And if you are going to shoot me. Make sure it's a perfect shot." The last sentence came out more of a growl.

I looked up at Theo and noticed that his eyes were no longer brown. They were now glowing yellow. Why was he doing this? Why get Gabe to kill him instead of me? Why wouldn't he and Gabe just to put down the gun?

I shook my head at Gabe, hoping he would point the gun back at me, but her didn't. Instead, he looked at me and smiled. I wanted to take the gun straight out of his hands and throw it away, but I already know that I'm not fast enough for that. No one is.

"Stop. Gabe this is crazy!" Nolan yelled, blocking Gabe from Theo and I. "If you want to shoot them, then you'll have to shoot me first. And I know that's something you can't do."

"You want to bet?" Gabe asked him, pointing the gun at his head.

I already knew that he wasn't going to do it. I know that Gabe isn't that heartless and I know what his weakness is. Family. As far as I'm concerned, Gabe won't touch Nolan because they're best friends. They have been since they were practically born. They're basically brothers, making it almost impossible for Gabe to even touch Nolan.

"This ends now, Gabe." Nolan whispered, walking over to his car window. "Hand me your gun."

Both Theo and I looked at each other, waiting to see what was going to happen. But what happened next. None of us expect it.

——————————-
I'm re-watching season 6 and I never noticed just how much I truely ship these two 😭❤️😍