Chapter 50

I knew as soon as everyone was staring at me, I messed up. I mean, they have to know, but I don't know how to tell them. How do you tell someone that the person who has been trying to kill us all, is now on our side? I don't think there's a way.

"Liam? Whenever you're ready." I looked up into Allison's eyes, already seeing that she would understand me.

I took a deep breath in and nodded, thinking of a way to explain it. I'm not afraid of what everyone will think, I'm more so worried about how they will react. And one person in particular really scares me, so that's also holding me back from telling them. I don't know how Malia will react.

"As you know, I've obviously gotten Scott to call a pack meeting so I can tell you guys something." I started off, trying to keep my voice from shaking. I don't know where all these nerves have suddenly come from.

"What happened? What'd you guys do now?" Malia interrupted me, looking at Theo and I.

"Nothing. This has nothing to do with us. far from it." I laughed, furrowing my eyebrows at her. "This has something to do with the hunters. Nolan in particular."

As soon as I mentioned his name I could smell the anger radiating off everyone. I looked at Theo and watched as he slowing nodded, mouthing 'you can do it'. I cleared my throat and thought about how I was going to word the next couple of sentences.

"Has he tried something again? I swear if he has, I would rip his throat out." I shook my head to Malia's response.

"Nolan, he's... how do I say this? Nolan's on our side. I know it's hard to believe, but just let me explain. He's trying to help us. He wants to be one of the good guys, he doesn't want to hurt anyone. He told me their plan or at least he told me as much as he can." I explain to them, watching as they all stood there in disbelief.

"Nolan? The guy that tried to kill you? More than once, might I add." Malia asked me, staring me dead in the eye. "Liam you can not be serious! He tried to kill you, after he took Hayden and now you believe that he wants to be one of the good guys?"

"Liam, we can't trust him. He's with them and for all we know, he could still be working with them." Stiles added onto Malia's point, walking behind her.

I wanted to defend him, but I have to stay calm and last time I tried to defend Nolan, I get overly protective and snapped. I took a deep breath in and looked at Scott, hoping he would jump in and help me out.

"Liam, you can't trust him. Not someone like that." Scott finally spoke up, taking Stiles and Malia's side.

"You have to be kidding me, Scott. You're literally the one who always tells us to trust people and give them a second chance, but now that I finally am you tell me that I'm wrong?" I crossed my arms and waited for his explanation.

"Not when we've tried to help them and not when they're still working with our enemy. We could be giving them everything they want, so we can't forgive me. Not yet." He told me, looking at Allison.

I could see the way she was looking at him and it wasn't the type of look you give someone when you agree with them. She rolled her eyes and looked at me, giving me a small smile.

"You guys didn't see him though. He was generally sorry and the way he looked, he was afraid. He doesn't want to hurt people, you can see that in his eyes. He's scared of what's happening out there, and he reached out to Liam. Even after he tried to kill him, he trusted Liam." I smiled as he started defending me, taking my side in all this. "He obviously trust Liam and the people he surrounds himself with. In case you haven't noticed, but that's all of you guys."

"I agree. I know we can't trust him straight away, but we should give him a chance. A least see if we can trust him." Allison looked at Theo and nodded, agreeing with his point.

I walked over to Theo and hugged him, showing him how much it meant to me that he was agree with me on this. After everything we've been through, this is by far the best thing he's done for me so far. I looked over at Allison and smiled, making sure she also knew how grateful I was for her.

"Even if we do give him a chance, how do we know for sure that he can be trusted?" Stiles asked me, knowing that I wouldn't have an answer to his question.

"Stiles. We'll know." Allison answered for me, shutting down his question.

"But what happens if we don't, Allison? What happens if he's just a really good liar and we believe him? I mean we believed Peter." Malia said, mentioning her father for the first time in a long time. "But like every other time, turns out he just wanted to kill Scott and become the alpha again."

I wanted to tell her she had a good point, but that would just be going against my own point. Theo looked at me confused, obviously having no idea what Malia was going on about. I crinkled up my nose and tilted my head, indicating that I would tell him later on.

As soon as everything went silent and everyone just stood their in the awkward 'I have no idea what to say or do' stage. There was a knock on the door. I looked over at Scott and waited for him to tell everyone that it was just the pizza delivery guy, but he seemed just as confused as everyone else.

"Who would that be?" Scott asked us like he was expecting us to know.

Everyone followed him towards the door, ready for anything to happen. I watched as he slowly opened the door, expecting someone to jump out at him or attack him, but who was out there... it was a lot worse than what I thought.

"Nolan?" I asked as he stood there, looking in at everyone.

As soon as I looked at Malia, I knew what was going to happen next.