Chapter 25

I looked up at Theo and laughed, as I tried to catch my breath. All the guards were knocked out, so now we have clear access into the tunnels. Theo stood up and gave me a hand up, patting me on the back and smiling once I was standing next to him.

"We did it. I knew we would be a good team." I smiled, opening up the door and looking down into the tunnels. They were pitch black and smelt horrible, so I looked at Theo and gave him a weak smile.

"If we run, it's not that bad. Trust me, on the other side it's a lot better." He smiled back, looking into the tunnels and running into them.

I ran after him, making sure I lifted up my knees so I didn't trip on anything. The sewer water was going into my shoes, and making my socks wet, which made me extremely uncomfortable. I hate wet socks, but when they smell like sewer water, it's even worse.

I could see some light at the end, and I smiled, relieved that we were almost out of the sewer. I took a deep breath in and tried to hold my breath for as long as I could, because the smell was just getting worse.

"Watch your step up here. There's a little ditch." He yelled out to me, jumping over the ditch.

I nodded, even though he couldn't see me. I jumped over the ditch and continued to run, relived once we were out of the sewer. It still smelt, but it wasn't as bad as back there.

"My socks are wet and they smell, why did we choose to do this?" I asked him, looking down at my feet and frowning.

"Because I know how to get there, and the others are doing other stuff." He looked down at my feet as well and laughed, shaking his head.

"What? Why are you laughing?" I asked him, looking up at him.

"You knew that we were running through a sewer, yet you're still surprised that your feet got wet." He laughed, taking a left turn down a different tunnel. "We go down here, and then I don't know where to go. This is as far as I got."

"I thought you said you knew where they were?" I asked him, looking straight ahead and listening in, to see if I could hear anyone.

"I didn't say I knew exactly where they were. I know that they aren't to far from here. There is a little room down here, and that's where I saw Gabe, but that's not where they're all hiding." He explained to me, pointing towards the end of the tunnels.

I nodded slowly and kept walking down there, hoping that we would find something useful in the room. For all we know, they might not even be hiding down here. They might of been doing something down here, and that's what he saw.

Theo opened up the door and walked inside, looking around for something. I took a deep breath in, and tried to catch any emotions, blood, or anything that could help us. I did catch something, and it caught my attention. I followed the scent, and tried to find what it was.

"Theo, over here!" I yelled, kneeling down and looking at the jacket. "Who do you think this belongs to?" I asked him, looking at it and looking up at him.

"Gabe." He told me, picking up the jacket and handing it to me.

"How do you know that? Do you know his scent?" I asked him, surprised how he knew it.

"Look at the tag on it." He rolled his eyes, showing me the tag. I looked at the tag and blushed once I saw Gabe's name, realising how stupid I look.

I put the jacket in my bag, just in case that can become useful. I stood up and took another look around, trying to find anything useful. I could smell some of the emotions as well, and there's so many different ones.