Looking for the Princess

Note: I don't own any of these characters! This is just a fan fiction made for fun.

Malon POV:
I watched him move through the busy crowd and towards me. He was a young boy around my age, and had blond hair and blue eyes. He wore a green tunic with brown boots, and carried a funny looking sword and shield on his back. I had never seen him before, but he looked like he knew his way around town. He and I made direct eye contact and for some reason my heart sped up.
       "Hello, my name is Malon!" I said cheerfully.
        "My name's Link."
        "Well I've never seen you around here before, where are you headed?"
         "To the castle to see the Princess."
          "You...seeing the Princess?"
          "Yes," he said looking down at the ground. I got a feeling that he didn't want to elaborate, so I changed the topic.
           "Well while your on your way, do you mind waking up my dad with this egg?"
I handed him the egg and before I could explain he started walking away with it. I found it strange that he just left without further instruction, almost as if he already knew what to do, and where to look.
"Wait-I haven't even told you anything!" I yelled across the fountain as he made his way towards Hyrule Castle. He kept walking so I sat down on the edge of the fountain and watched him leave. What a strange boy, I thought.
///////////////////////////////////////////
Link POV:
There she was, standing at the center of the chaotic market with the same white dress, looking at me. I could tell she didn't recognize me, as there was a sense of wonder written all over her face. It hurts to see your friend not recognize you, along with the rest of Hyrule. Their minds completely clear of everything that happened. But, what else could I expect.
"Hello, my name is Malon!" She said excitedly.
        "My name's Link."
        "Well I've never seen you around here before, where are you headed?" She asked with a tilt of a head and a smile.
         "To the castle to see the Princess."
          "You...seeing the Princess?"
          "Yes," I said looking down at the ground.
            I didn't really want to talk about the whole saving Hyrule thing. It would have been too confusing for her to understand, and further remind me of my regrets.
            "...Well while you're on your way, do you mind waking up my dad with this egg?" She asked reinitiating her smile that slightly faded.
I grabbed the egg from her hands and began to walk away. From behind me, I could hear her yelling after me, and smirked at her high pitched voice.