Who Rises, Who Falls

Nine years ago Emma and Peyton were playing with dolls in their room when the room started to shake. It was the beginning of the worst earthquake of the decade. Peyton brought Emma under the desk in their room and held on to her. A tree crashed through the window, throwing glass throughout the room. Emma screamed and began to cry. That was when Peyton found her shift. That was when Emma was told to never talk about it in front of anyone. 

/ / / / /

The Sawyer family held on to each other for a long time. Peyton cried. Emma cried. Mr and Mrs Sawyer cried. It was gross. 

"I never forgot about you. I never gave up." Emma told her.

"I never forgot about you, Emma," Peyton said

"Oh, you are so big and so beautiful." Peyton's mom said.

And so on. And so on.

/ / / / /

Somehow Mr and Mrs Sawyer left to like sign papers or whatever and left Peyton and Emma in the waiting room with the rest of them. Raven looked at Peyton and Emma for a long time. No one noticed and honestly no one cared they had just been reunited for the first time in a long time. Everyone began to talk. They were excited to find out what happened since the last time they saw each other. They were happy to know that overall everyone was alright. Well, they were. Suddenly May passed out. Sam called for a doctor. When Jake came in and pushed her away on a gurney Sam followed him before passing out in the hall. 

/ / / / /

"It appears that all three of them are having the same symptoms. We have come to the conclusion that it must have been something you ate or drank within the past couple of days. So until further information can be gathered all seven of you will be kept under close observation." A doctor told them. 

"So what about their families?" Emma asked not wanting to leave Peyton's side.  

"Well. The four of you will be staying in a room next to them. Family members can visit." the doctor said. (2/16/19)