Skylar

It's early October which means the homecoming dance is coming up soon. Olivia was being asked out by the quarterback. Olivia is an amazingly beautiful cheerleader. She had tan skin and dark hair with golden-brown eyes. 

Annie, Raven, and I had no dates, and because Raven remained a bit of an outsider as she continues to adjust to the American society we decided to go together. We were becoming close friends and I was excited to get dressed up with her. Annie, of course, wanted to go with us. It's a week out so Annie and I have our dresses but Raven, not knowing what homecoming is, needs to get a dress and new hair dye. 

We tried many dresses. Red ones, green ones, ones with lace, some with gems, to no avail. We ended up with a dress that was gorgeous but not the dress. Ya know? It was dark black with golden designs. We were heading to the cashier when Amethyst who had come with us pointed it out. A long flowy dress with crossed straps and a low back with a halter-style top. When Raven put it on you could see that it was her dress. She felt confident and comfortable while still looking amazing. She had a huge smile on her face and was already thinking about a color that would look good with it. I mentioned I have a long golden necklace that would look fabulous and we officially had her homecoming dress.

Ace decided that even though he still won't talk to any of us, except for Connor, he was still going to homecoming. And he didn't look bad in Cole's suit either. Hopefully, he starts talking to us again. Eventually.

/ / / / /

As we were getting ready for the dance we also dyed Raven's hair. She decided on a medium brown color and I helped her. I don't know why she trusted me to help her but she did. We decided that we wanted to have matching hairstyles and so we did a light curl. Downstairs our parents made a huge deal and Willow became a photographer. 

My mom handed me the keys to the car we share and Raven, Annie and I got into the car. It was interesting driving in heels but we get to the school. I park. And the three of us strutted into the dance. (1/8/19)