Raven

My stomach dropped to the floor. I felt like I was looking into a room. Like I had fallen asleep and this was all just a nightmare. 

"What do you mean Emma?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah, what do you mean Emma?" Clara asked.

"I...uh..." Emma stumbled. "Raven come with me."

Emma grabbed me by the arm and dragged me out of the room. She walked me down a maze of halls and in a matter of moments we were hidden in plain sight. She looked me in the eyes and I started to wonder if she could read my thoughts. 

"Who was Seth Arena to you?" she asked me.

"My grandad, why?" I asked back.

"Are you... like him?" She asked me.

"What do you mean?" I answered trying to dodge the question I knew she was asking. 

"When I was little." Emma started. "My only memory of her is her telling me how important it was for me to keep the secret. She was only a kid herself, no older than I am now. She was different than everyone else. My parents told her to hide that part of her from the rest of the world. Unless she wanted to end up like..." 

"Like Seth." I finish for her

"I thought...maybe... and if anyone were to be like him-like her, it would be you." she looked at the ground.

"What is she like?" I asked.

Emma looked at me for a while. I felt like her eleven-year-old eyes had the knowledge of a grown adult. She pierced through me and without having to say a word I felt like I knew her. And not just Emma but her sister too. I smiled at her.

"She was everything I ever wanted to be," Emma told me.

"Emma. We are going to get your sister back. I promise." (2/11/19)