"I can't." With an apologetic grin, he lets go of my hand and falls into the deep blue water below the cliff.

"No!" I cry.

This was really the end for Jungkook. I tried everything in my power to stop his pain, but I wasn't able to change destiny.

     He lost the faith in everything and everyone and didn't have the strength to go on.

    I place my hand on my fast-beating heart. I look around and find myself in my poorly lit room.

    Jungkook's still alive. It was just a dream.

I haven't had such a vivid dream since my childhood. And this one about Jungkook felt so real.

     I wonder if he dreams about me too.

Well, hopefully not a horrifying one like this. ..This felt like a nightmare.

    A nightmare which perfectly depicted my fears. Guilt of his past was haunting Jungkook and wouldn't leave him alone. Despite how much he tried to runaway, it would ultimately consume him.

   And he'd have no will to go on left.

One week.. Like the bird said, I had seven freaking days left before my mission would end. And I can't even meet with Jungkook without the risk of getting murdered!

What are my options?

I recall to the strange lady I met again last night advising me to go to Hell to retrieve Taehyung.

Was Taehyung even there? Was she telling the truth?

She showed me a picture of an unconscious Taehyung being held by a stranger in front a phone booth. But what if that picture was photoshopped? How reliable was the evidence she gave me?

And even if I were able to enter the Underworld.. what if I can't get back to Earth? The woman says that I'd be able to... but what if she's lying?

But what other options did I have?

    No I would have to wait. I can't get that desperate to risk my life like that.

    After showering and dressing, I skateboard to the police station.

   I entered and I saw someone familiar packing boxes on the front desk.

    Were my eyes felling the truth? Was she back?

    "Deborah!" I call out and run towards her.

She seems surprised to see me but also a bit distressed.

    "What's wrong? How was your vacation?" I question.

   She looks at me quizzically. "I was never on a vacation. I was looking for your friends..."

   "Taehyung and Jimin!" I excitedly shriek. "How's it going with the investigation?"

   She sighs. "I got fired."

    "Huh?" I raise my brow.

   "My superiors told me that 'missing people' weren't under my wing but I didn't see much work being done to find your friends. I found it suspicious and tried to find them in my free time but my bosses fired me for not following directions."

    "I-I I'm so sorry." I didn't know what to say.

    "It's fine." She packs her final box and moves from the front desk. She walks out of the police station.

    I follow and walk beside her outside.

    "Where are you going?" I ask.

    "I'm being relocated to Gangnam. I'm not allowed to make contact with you and other clients after today, so goodbye," she blankly says.

    I bow. "Thank you for everything you've done for me."

    She gestures for me to come closer and I do. "Don't trust the police. They don't want to find your friends."

    "Huh?" I ask.

   She whispers. "There's something freaky going on in Busan. They threw out the missing person's reports for Taehyung and Jimin. They wiped out all the evidence of their existence from security cameras. I tried to investigate and now I got fired and relocated."

    I gulped. "Why does the police care to destroy all the evidence of my friends?"

    She shrugs. "I wish I could give you a definite answer."

    "I'm so confused.. aren't the police supposed to be the good guys?"

    She wholeheartedly laughs. "Anyone who gets paid to rule over you is never gonna be a good guy."

    After I said my final farewells to Deborah, I ran all the way home.

I pulled the door open to my bedroom and took the slip of my paper from the dress I wore last night.

I entered the digits from the paper into my phone.

Hurriedly, I called the according number.

After a few rings, I heard the voice of the lady who's been following my every moment.

"Y/n? Why did you call?" She whispers.

"I agree with your plan. Let's go to Hell," I state.