Number

After glancing in my direction, a woman with a ski mask sits right across from me. She's clearly trying to hide her identity.

She clearly is the woman who's been following me for the past few weeks.

"Who are you? And why do you keep disguising your face from me?" I demand to know.

"Well, see ya gals later! Have a nice chat," Chao waves and walks out the store.

Ugh, why did he leave me alone with this weird lady!

"You need to be with Jungkook right now." She ignores my questions.

I roll my eyes. "You keep saying that like it's so easy, but don't help me. Besides, I'm banned from seeing him."

"Here's some advice.. use magic." She whispers.

Magic.. she knew about magic?

"I knew you time travelled to reverse Jungkook's death. But did you know that you can also teleport?" She raises her brow.

I recall to Taehyung describing his power of teleportation. This woman knew what she was talking about.

"Yes, but how would I be able to teleport?" I ask.

"You can use a telephone booth."

     I also recall Taehyung describing a telephone booth that transported him from....

"The phone booth will take me to a one way ticket to Hell!" I yell out.

    The disguised woman places her finger in front of her lips. "Shhh! You need to go there to save Jungkook."

    "Why and how?" I cross my arms.

    She whispers closer. "Don't you know Taehyung is there?"

   "Huh?" I raise my brow.

    She takes out her phone and shows me her screen. There's a picture of an unconscious Taehyung held by a stranger in front of the phone booth.

   It's pretty clear he was carried and transported to the underworld.

    I bite my lip. "Then why don't you go there? Why does it have to be me?"

    She shakes her head. "I've been there once and they won't let me back."

   "Why?" I question.

    "Because creatures who don't live there are only allowed to enter once. That's one of the rules of Hell."

    "Any proof?" I was skeptical.

"I'll come with you to the phone booth. I'll try to step inside but an invisible barrier won't let me in," she explains.

I evaluate the pros and cons of the whole situation. If I go to Hell, I can finally see Taehyung and help him... but what if I can't get out?

"No." I stand up and begin walking away.

She grabs my arm and cries. "Please, Y/n! I need your help!"

I chuckle. "You still haven't given me any conceivable evidence to believe you. Besides, what if I can't exit Hell and remain there?"

She shakes her head. "You'll be able to leave! The rule will allow you to exit and return to Earth!"

I shake her arm off. "Sorry, sweetie. I may be stupid but I'm not an idiot. I'm not falling for your trap."

"Fine. But please just take my number and think about it." She sighs and hands me a slip of paper.

I roll my eyes but take it and place it the pocket of my dress. I bow. "Good night, now."

"Please consider it. You're my only hope," she meekly whispers as I walk away.

Only hope, my butt, I think to myself.

    I exit the shop and find Chao standing outside.

"Well, what did she want?" Chao walks towards me.

"Nothing important," I lied. "Wait- you didn't even know what that lady wanted, and you allowed her to meet me?"

"Yeah," He nods. "Just met her a few hours ago."

"So you just met her tonight and left me alone with her? Do you know how much danger I could've been in?!" I grab his collar.

    "She paid me 20 bucks. The risk seemed reasonable." Chao shrugs.

     I let go of him. "You're a real douche!"

     "Douche is my middle name. " He straightens out his shirt. "Anyways, you want a ride or something?"

     I roll my eyes. "I'd rather drink bleach than sit in a car with you."

    "Suit yourself." He walks away, not even sparing me a second glance.

    I groan. What a jerk.

    Fortunately, the walk towards my apartment wasn't too long. I arrive at home in fifteen minutes.

   Unlocking the front door, I find my parents sitting on the couch, legs crossed. They're clearly angry.

   They yell at me for coming home past curfew and instruct me to go to my room. I'm glad they didn't say anything about my short dress. My parents weren't perfect, but they weren't ones to slut-shame either. They always gave me a choice in what I wear, and I was fortunate for that.

    Drowsy, I lay down on my bed and close my eyes.

   The last image in my mind before I fell asleep was Jungkook's smile.

    And for those few seconds, I was finally at peace.