Chapter 44: The Real Battle, Begins

"I'm going over the wall," Fili says "Who's coming with me?"

    Determined shouts come from the company, including you as well.

    "Come on! Let's go!" Dwalin shouts

    "Stand down," Thorin commands

    "What?" You say

    "Are we to do nothing?" Fili asks

    "I said," Thorin repeats, descending the stairs "Stand down!"

    Your eyes then look back out to where the battle lays as Thorin goes out of sight. Your eyebrows then creasing at the sight of the Elves as they have not moved a muscle.

    "The Elves," You say, causing others to look "Are they not going to stand for their lives and lives of others?"

    "Just like they were years ago," Dwalin sneers "Self-righteous pricks."

    Then, right as Dwalin and others turn away, you spot as the Elves advance as well. Right as the Orcs reach the front of the Dwarves, those who went forward make the first strike. Taking down as many Orcs as they can within the first rows. More Elves following in their place as the Dwarves begin fighting themselves.

Another horn then blares, your eyes being drawn to an old fortress as signals are being made from torn cloth and wooden machinery. Large cave troll-like creatures appear from the holes. Most of them being struck down by arrows that the Elves released from their bows.

    Once again, a horn blares as another signal is shown. The remaining large creatures then immediately make advances towards the Dwarves that are riding on carriages that are being pulled by rams like the ones before. One by one they destroy the carriages.

    A third horn then blares, yet again another signal being shown. You then see a separate front of Orcs as they advance towards the city where the remaining survivors reside. The Men that were standing with the Elves quickly making their way back to the city to protect those within.

    The distant screams becoming too much for you as the memory of Dale's despair flashing in the back of your mind. You finally leave the front of the gate and begin making your way to the throne where Thorin resides. Fili and Kili attempting to stop you but you simply rip your arms from their grips. The anger seething from you frightening them. Dwalin soon joins you as you approach Thorin as he eyes you both.

    "Look at you," You spit out

    "Since when do we forsake our own people?" Dwalin questions as he gets closer to Thorin than you "Thorin, they are dying out there."

    "There are halls beneath halls within this mountain," Thorin speaks "Places where we can fortify. Shore up, make safe. Yes. Yes, that is it. We must move the gold further underground to safety."

    "Did you not hear me?" Dwalin says, following after Thorin walks away and you getting closer as well "Dain is surrounded. They're being slaughtered, Thorin."

    "Many die in war," Thorin replies "Life is cheap. But a treasure such as this, cannot be counted in lives lost. It is worth all the blood we can spend."

    "You coward," You breathe, causing the both of them to look at you

    "You sit here in these vast halls, crown upon your head," Dwalin says "You're lesser than you ever have been."

    "You, do not speak to me as if I were some lowly Dwarf lord," Thorin says "As if I were still Thorin Oakenshield. I am your King!"

    "You were always my King," Dwalin speaks, tearfully "You used to know that once."