Chapter 26: Woodland Elves

You awake to find yourself wrapped in thick spider webs. Bofur cuts you free and helps you up as you gasp for fresh air.

    "Where's Bilbo?" You ask loudly

    "I'm up here!" Bilbo shouts from above, but then yells

    You then spring into action with the others as ginormous, hideous spiders come towards everyone. You move with the group as they move forward.

    "We're clear!" Thorin says

    Just then a spider came down not too far away from the front of the group. Though, Thorin does not advance towards it seeing something up in the trees. You follow his gaze to a figure with long blonde-white hair coming towards where everyone is. As they get closer you notice it's a male, an Elven male at that. You and others watch as he skillfully kills the spider by sliding on his knees and slicing it from below. He then stands to aim his bow and arrow directly at Thorin, who also raises his weapon. You then soon notice as other Elves have now surrounded everyone. Pointing arrows, ready to shoot on command.

    "Do not think I won't kill you, Dwarf," The blonde Elf says "It would be my pleasure."

    Then in the distance, there's a shout for help. Your eyes quickly scan the others before realizing who it is. Both yours and Fili's eyes widen and look in the direction from where the shout came from.

    "Kili!" Fili shouts worried

    "Search them," The blonde Elf commands

    Elves then approach everyone, patting everyone down, taking their weapons. An Elf takes your sword then proceeds to look for any other weapons. Your eyes travel over to Dwalin who gets a sour look as an Elf pulls an old picture from his coat pocket.

    "What is this creature your holding?" The Elf rudely asks

    "My daughter," Dwalin says, lowly "Who is long gone."

    "She isn't," You blurt out quietly, but it seems that Dwalin hears as his head snaps to yours

    Your eyes widen slightly, but you do not look away as Dwalin stares at you. You then give Dwalin a look which he takes as to wait for later. Once done with you, the Elf walks away. Your attention is then turned back to the blonde Elf as he talks about Thorin's sword in Elvish.

    "Where did you get this?" The blonde Elf asks Thorin

    "It was given to me," Thorin answers

    "Not just a thief, but a liar as well," The blonde Elf says, pointing the sword at Thorin

    After this, everyone is then forced to walk. As you do, you couldn't help but notice as Kili kept looking at this Elven maiden. She has long, red hair. Her skin fair and pale. Eyes brown. You honestly didn't see anything special about her.

    As you are locked in a cold stone cell with metal barred doors, you found yourself looking at Kili again. How his eyes trailed after the Elven woman as she walked away then get a smile across his lips. A mix of anger and almost jealousy bubbles within you. Why would he have done what he did earlier if his eyes seem to wander to another?

    Your attention then snaps to Dwalin in the cell across from yours. You watch him and others ram their bodies against the doors of the cells. But you already know it's no use.

    "Leave it!" Balin shouts from his cell "There's no way out! This is no Orc Dungeon. These are the Halls of the Woodland Realm. No one leaves here but by the King's consent."

    Silence takes over everyone, though some still talk quietly, trying to come up with ways to escape. You just lean your front against the door, resting your arms on a horizontal bar. The stare down the deep spacy way with many stairs down. But your attention is caught by Dwalin.

    "You," Dwalin says, causing your eyes to connect with his "Who are you to say you know about my daughter?"

    You let out a breath shakily before confessing to Dwalin.

    "I know that she lived after that day," You begin "She was taken to safety, far, far away from where she belongs. Taken, to a place with rolling green hills. And left on the doorstep of a young man. Who didn't have the slightest idea on how to raise a child. But he learned. He learned and raised her. Things seemed so perfect. Though, she knew she didn't belong."

    A small smile breaks across your face as you continue.

    "Then a Wizard showed up early one afternoon. That night Dwarves came to their home," You say as your eyes look back into Dwalin's, who has tears in his eyes "And I believe you know the rest from there."

    "Could you prove it?" Dwalin asks "Just to be sure."

    You nod and signal him to go on.

    "What," He pauses briefly "What did I call you as a youngling?"

    You blink at the question, then think.

    "Azra:d," You answer "Dwarvish for 'magic' I believe."

    A single tear escapes his eye as you both stare at each other. A breath escapes his lips as he wipes away the tears with a small smile pulling the corners of his lips before it drops.

    "An-," Dwalin says then pauses "And what of your mother? Did, did she too survive?"

    You stare at Dwalin for a moment, quickly deciding on what to tell him.

    "I don't know," You say

    Before Dwalin could further ask questions, everyone's attention is turned to Thorin as he is put into a cell.

    "Did he offer you a deal?" Balin asks

    "He did," Thorin answers, "I told him he could go ish kakhfé ai-'d dur-rugnu! Him and all his kin!"

    "Well, that's that then," Balin says "A deal was our only hope."

    "Not our only hope," Thorin says

    With a sigh, you walk away from the front of your cell and sit on the carved bench within. Is this really going to be the place you're going to spend the rest of your days?